Went to the dark side....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
well put towcat! i was thinking there was something wrong with it, i guess not, just the nature of the beast! my boost gauge will peak at 17, i thought that the psd was higher but i guess that's average. thanks for the input guys.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
i figured out really fast on these PSD's you have to drive them like a "detroit 2 stroke" you gotta be having a really bad day and you're taking it out on the truck......shift into gear, drop the clutch, hammer it to redline, shift and repeat. you can't hurt it. as long as everything is in the parameters of the electronics, it won't let you hurt the motor.

I drive all my vehicles this way. :rotflmao

Redline is your friend.:D

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
The only thing with the auto is it like "spools" up the trans in first then drops into second and falls on its face. Really not a fan of the e4od but it was a deal I couldn't pass up. Thanks maverick I'll shoot you a pm.

TomA

Reaction score
I truly went to the dark side. My 86 idi was totaled due to a fire. I paid $2k for it 5 years ago. Ins gave me $3k and I kept truck. Looked in vain for a 1St Gen cummins for months. Started to see strokes in my price range but opted to look for a 7.3 5 speed. A 92 5.8 gas 5 speed 4x4 came along for $1600 so I jumped on it. I love it.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant say the e4od is my friend either but have heard that people like OLDBULL can build a mean e4od idk tho. as for stock e4od I dont like them.