Well....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
It made it to work. First time in 4 years this truck has drove down the road. Guess now I have no reason on why it shouldn’t be finished. Going to convert back to srw, got 4 new doors to install, finish up the interior, install the arb air locker in the rear... then paint

You must be registered for see images attach

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the switch back to SRW? I love the look of your truck as a dually. Excited to see you get it back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I no longer need it as a dually, I have other vehicles I can tow with. I want to run a 35 on it, but getting 35’s under a dually without having custom wheels made is a challenge. It will tow when I need it to, but will be fine as a srw. It started life as a srw.
The second photo is with 35x12.5 19.5 wheels. They fit it nice but not spending 3k on tires and wheels. I borrowed them to see how they fit

You must be registered for see images attach

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dding a dually is hard work, I love the quadcab duelly proportions.

oh and nice work, enjoy...

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I think the rim's that are on it in the original post looks great. Not too crazy,and not too mild.

Rock

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I can understand if you are going to daily drive it, that being dually makes it extremely difficult, so in that case, I guess the srw makes sense for you. I still love the 4x4 dually look though.:Thumbs Up

Rock

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 vehicles I can choose from to drive, not counting my dodge 5500 utility body truck. Don’t need to dd it. Normally I use the Astro to dd. Hop in the f100 if I feel like raising hell. The other crewcab will soon go under the knife too

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Unsure where it will end up. I can’t sled pull with it due to rear suspension doesn’t pass rules for street trucks. And if I go to any shows it will most likely be in a work truck, but I could tow it behind a my wreckers... lol

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Dieselcrawler if your truck could qualify for a sled pull you are at a big advantage cause you have a tow truck, if it breaks you can just tow it home lol. were you nervous to drive the truck for the first time in 4 years?

i know this is way off topic but, did you know a guy named Thad from Perkasie? he is the previous owner of my truck and he owned it from 2015-2018