Weak links and spare parts

BCMac

Reaction score
Being new in this 7.3 idi game and running through a few known issues with the truck, I am thinking since I have to order some things in, I might as well make it worth my while and stock up on the most common failures so I have them in a time of need.

Aside from glow plugs and belts, what else do you guys keep on hand in the garage to keep your truck on the road?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
In the truck: Belts, used set of gps, crack-in-a-can, 4qt oil, fuel filter, 3/8" fuel line, bottle of power service, bottle of 911, hose clamp assortment, 1 qt brake fluid, ps fluid, 12v trouble light, 50' 12ga wire, terminal assortment, duct tape, elect tape, crayons/coloring books in the pass map pocket for the kids, 3/8" drive craftsman sae/metric socket set in the drivers map pocket (you can pull a t-19 with just that set :sly), battery terminals, 10ft 4 ga wire.......

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things....

At home: IP and sticks, spare return line o-rings, more gps, fuel filters, full oil change, fuel pump, gear lube, spare solenoids, extra starter, lots of RTV, timing meters............

I've got more parts than I need to, but no shops around here will touch these things anymore, and a few of the independent mechanics give me a call when they get one. ;Sweet

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vacuum pump already mounted to adjustment plate w/pulley. 30 minute replacement

Rick

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive never been stranded,
but just incase I have an AAA card!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing in the truck. At home I have everything. From bumper to bumper. New starter, return line kit, filters, and joints on the shelf. Gotta love parts trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US