water seperator wiring

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
I swapped the original water separator out on my 86 and installed the later model water seperator on it that doubles as the fuel filter. my question is, there where 3 wires that plugged in to the top of the original on on the firewall. Which wires to i wire into the new one to make it work.

askikr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still a newb but mine was:
Top wire was fuel heater
Side wire was a pressure sensor
Bottom was water in fuel sensor

Are you looking for the colors of the wires too?

I just disconnected all of them and installed a Wix# 33417

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
i know that ^ but i want to know which wires on the factory 86 harness to use because there is no pressure sensor in the 86 and i dont believe the heater was in the sperator for the 86 either.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i havent done the swap since mine is 93 anyways but for the heater you could relay off the fss wire the wif could be wired in to a dash mounted led because it just grounds out when water is full but i have no clue how the pressure sensor works it may just need an led as well does the 86 have any of those sensors..... if those were then you could ground each wire with the key on and check and see which light is on

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I can't help on the 7.3L side of the separator.

On the 86 side: My wiring diagram shows 3 wires. A red/yel wire coming from fuse #18, a blk/lt blu wire coming from the ignition switch pin P1 (both going into a "solid state controller" and a red/wht wire going to the water in fuel light. The light is then grounded.

I dont know what the "solid state" box is, so i cant help there... :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online