wanted

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i figured since the idi basement is the most active and i got an idi id try posting here...

anyone want to sell me a good set of tailgate cables for an 88 f250? one of mine is broken and the other is rusted pretty good

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
but if i can get a set of used ones for less then $32 that are still good...and not have to run anywhere for them along with helping out a fellow OB why not? i dont need to have brand new cables...my truck is for workin not for pretty ;)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd get them from Ford. Those are the best made. The aftermarket ones have cheapo crimps on the end. Working or playing, don't skimp on the cables. Could be a big difference in someone getting hurt or needing a new tailgate. Think of it as insurance. Cheap insurance.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thanks mel.
the ones from napa aren't bad.... if you've been ohh i dunno banned from the local ford dealership.

mine looked fine in my "working truck"
till it dumped a load of bagged concrete on my leg.

do whatcha want... just trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
thanks mel.
the ones from napa aren't bad.... if you've been ohh i dunno banned from the local ford dealership.

mine looked fine in my "working truck"
till it dumped a load of bagged concrete on my leg.

do whatcha want kid.... just trying to be helpful.

ok i know i dont post on here much but last time i looked i was never nasty to anyone....and i didnt think i was comming off as ignorant with my comment...

not to mention at 28 im hardly a kid anymore....so as far as im concerned...**** off...if thats the kind of help you want to give then you can keep it

mel thanks for the info....i dont mind using used cables...chances are they are factory ford...with so many of these trucks being parted im sure a good set of used cables wont be too hard to find.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it friendly please neighbor. ;) I don't think he meant anything the way you took it.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Keep it friendly please neighbor. ;) I don't think he meant anything the way you took it.

well...wether he ment it that way or not it was an ignorant comment. and i was being nice....but ive said my peace on that matter so i wont take it any further... i dont mind seeing anyones opinnion even if im being called an idiot myself. everyone is entitled to their own and i can respect that.

brownie...thats cool. just let me know what the damage is. I dont get out often to the parts stores...or any stores for that matter....i work an odd aschedule and sometimes its easier for me to see if anyone has a used part available they can ship to me to help save me some time and running around.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ok, offensive word removed. I deeply apologize, I have an odd nature of speaking, you you obviously got a little tight about my wording.

moving on, good luck,
drew

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
They look original, the casing is a bit scarred but the cables are fine. Let me know if Brownie can locate some a bit closer to you. Otherwise how's $15 shipped?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance