WANTED--6.2 governor springs

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the use-- want more rpms than my IH pump will give--2700. Looking for a set of 6.2 springs so I can get up there a little. Thanks

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never could get the pump to fuel quite right after adding the washers, thats why I never posted pics or instructions on adding washers. It would rev high with no load, but with load it seemed as though it would hit the governor around 3000, but still pull higher, but with no smoke and low power... not the kind of mod I'd be willing to put out for advice.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
never could get the pump to fuel quite right after adding the washers, thats why I never posted pics or instructions on adding washers. It would rev high with no load, but with load it seemed as though it would hit the governor around 3000, but still pull higher, but with no smoke and low power... not the kind of mod I'd be willing to put out for advice.

o i see, well im looking for 6.2 govener springs too, i would really like to have mine set to govern out at about 4300, but just shift when ever i want to:sly

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
why not just bypass the whole deal? get an ether assist kinda deal to just spray into the intake whenever you want higher revs..... Shoot you, ought to be able to get 5000rpms at least with enough spray.

EMT #1 "Whats the last thing that went through his mind?"
EMT #2 "Probably the flywheel... but we can't be sure"

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, i'm looking for practical use, more than just 2700rpm. not cobbed up, waiting for an ether fire. Thanks for the idea though.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ok, sarcasm off.
So ummmm.... here is a CRAZY idea.
Ask a pump shop for an IP for your application?

a Ford 7.3 idi IP should be able to give you 3300-3800rpms

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I don't think that he wants to spend that much. That's why he is looking for the springs, so he can do it himself.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I don't think that he wants to spend that much. That's why he is looking for the springs, so he can do it himself.

thats probly his plan, my pump right now turns more than his, but i want to get into the 4000 range, and if there was a such thing as a pump shop anywere close to me i would just go there and buy a spring

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a reman pump that came on the motor I put in, it has only 2-3000 miles on it, but it only turns 2700-Yuck- Why buy a pump when I can just put in springs to get the rpms I need to pull from gear to gear decent without dropping so far out of power that I can't get back up into good pulling power again. I'd like to get this sorted out before I put on the hypermax thats sitting in the basement, so as to not make more problems than I already have.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and what a bunch of morons work at the closest stanadyne "approved" pump shop... Told me that "it just cant be done" wouldnt ever try to get me springs for a ford application. just wanted to sell me another pump even after seeing the shiny 1 I had with me.