Vegas idi meet up

What date for the Vegas IDI meet-up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll provide hot dogs and burgers for the grill. And anyone is welcome to bring anything to grill. Wife will make potato salad and other fixings.

Here is the best part. I have a 4 foot pit in the garage for suspension and exhaust! Shop has air and tools too.

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
count me in... i put my leave in today... going to try and convince my buddy with his 7.3 idi to come along too... anyone up in northern or central california want to carrivan down there?

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know hot to operate a vintage sun engine diagnostic machine? I got one of those too.
You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone know hot to operate a vintage sun engine diagnostic machine? I got one of those too.
You must be registered for see images attach

WOW, that beast brings back nightmares...errr, memories LOL
You could figure out the problems with just about anything on a point ignition system with those things, even some fuel related problems, except see that big cabinet under it??? thats for storing the mounds of manuals needed to operate it and hook it up to each different vehicle to make it work :eek: the cables hang off the side for easy access
The big thing about those monsters is that that is one situation where a good ear really could generally do better than the machine
they would install versions of those beasts in places like Tune up masters and dealerships to run vehicles through and justify replacing only 1 or 2 spark plugs or wires to cheap out and had countless vehicles running around with seriously unbalanced ignition systems due to those things. What they suposedly "saved" the customer in parts, they more then made themselves in extra labour in extra visits to replace teh other parts in added replacement visits.
we can partially thank that machine and ones like it for the modern smog laws Before thise things the shop made less, but the cash went into a quick parts swap and eveything ran right. Its an interesting museup piece though.

( by the way, they made those right near where I live, My cousin used to work there, Snappy owns it now. Its funny, they used to claim they could figure out anything with those machines, but my cuz had a near new dodge that acted up and she brought it in there and they couldnt figure it out with their fanciest machine even with the guys who designed the blamed thing :rotflmao

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my truck has right around 110k miles on it and i will be buying a new ip prior to this event... just for problem avoidance in the future... any chance anyone has a way to time it at this get together?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about the weekend of 4/6-4/7 as a date for the GTG?
the following weekend is a bad idea due to the commitments already posted previously.

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can definately make the 13... my leave was approved hell even if not a rally itd be nice to meet some other forum members