Vegas idi meet up

What date for the Vegas IDI meet-up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. If we get more than 8 or so, then we might have to get a bigger location. I know a few business owners with nice parking lots.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
End of march could work for me. However ACMA's are the first week in april, so I will likely be working those two weeks solid.

Although, the ACMA's could be a pretty good added activity for the meetup. Depending on musical preference.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
BUMP!

Also, it looks like I landed a m-f gig through the end of march. So the weekends of the 23&24 and 30&31 of march would work really well for me.

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
End of march could work for me. However ACMA's are the first week in april, so I will likely be working those two weeks
Although, the ACMA's could be a pretty good added activity for the meetup. Depending on musical preference.

Do you get a deal on tickets?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thing that sucks about Vegas is there is nothing I can convince my kid that she wants to go see or do.
I'm not supposed to drive by myself, so a co-pilot is mandatory for a run that far.
and no my AC doesn't work either. It blew up last summer in the scorching AZ heat.
nothing more embarassing than sitting in traffic and you pop your overpressure safeties on the compressor followed with the oily haze coming from under your hood.

Hey Calvin, When I was running through there a few years ago , I stopped through there to time Kenny's truck and spent a day there and My kids had a blast. WE were dragging teh 5er and they have a campground at Circus Circus ( a rather costy one, but a campground, none the less, and they have a pool and playground ) and there's a full amusement park inside the AC with rides and games and shows ( that kids can watch, although they dont have as many roaming performers as they used to years ago ).. and hey, if she wants outside, you can always take her up to the Stratosphere :D
This is the first and only place that my eldest son, the roller coaster hound, has EVER chickened out :eek: t might have something to do with the fact that the rides are on TOP of the building.... 800 feet in the air and hang out over nothing LOL For the more rustic camping, there are some BLM campsites listed not far out of town that I believe are near free ( I located those on the $10 and under campsites website )

Hey, once you get out that far, when you get done, fill the tanks and come on out and I'll fix your AC up for ya. The trip out will suck, but the trip back will be great ;Sweet

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm originally from Henderson... I'm new to the site and to the idi world I picked up an 86 bullnose and would definitely drive down to Henderson from ca to do a meet up

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking. We could actually have a few days to relax and such on a four day weekend.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Do you get a deal on tickets?

I don't personally, ish a freelancer. However I can check with some friends and see if MGM is offering employee ticket discounts for it.
They're also doing a free family thing at the Orleans before the main show.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking. We could actually have a few days to relax and such on a four day weekend.
problem with 4day weekends is the tourists have the same idea as you do and everything gets turned into a zoo including the interstates.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
problem with 4day weekends is the tourists have the same idea as you do and everything gets turned into a zoo including the interstates.

X2 on that. I would be driving on the most congested route, too.

Also, the longer you get into May, the more likely it is to have to deal with heat. A lot of heat. Pretty nice through April, a crap shoot after that.

Somebody needs to pick a date, otherwise we are going to talk ourselves all the way through the month.

Vegas-Misfit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya... Agree with the above post... I think sometime mid April would be best so everyone can get off work and such and enough time to plan the meet up