Vegas idi meet up

What date for the Vegas IDI meet-up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a great time meeting all of you guys. It was sure nice to see all of the same trucks, set up so differently. So many good ideas, and knowledge in one area! Maybe we can do something like this again. Thanks to everyone who came to the event.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to say a big thanks to Moe for opening up his home, providing food, providing T-shirts and changing the alternator on my new truck for me! He is a great guy and a valued member.
Also was great meeting the rest of you guys. I had a great time and hope we can do it again soon.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap, that page wouldn't and still won't load for me. Server issues with OB, and that page just won't load.

Just my luck.

Heath

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Moe,

I couldn't make the event. I'd like to see if my truck needs to be timed (suspect it does) before a trip to California in two weeks. I'm willing to pay you (fuel/etc) since I can't take the truck across town yet. Is this possible? Not sure how your schedule is.

Thanks,

Dane

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Moe,

I couldn't make the event. I'd like to see if my truck needs to be timed (suspect it does) before a trip to California in two weeks. I'm willing to pay you (fuel/etc) since I can't take the truck across town yet. Is this possible? Not sure how your schedule is.

Thanks,

Dane

If Moe can't help, you and I can try and work out a time to look at it. I have a meter and can time these rigs.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
That would be cool. I'm near summerlin, summerlin parkway near buffalo/Washington. Let me know what's a fair price for your trouble!

Ish down in paradise, by the airport. You're a member here, we simply do these things for eachother. However if you feel you simply must? I wouldn't turn down a twelve pack of sierra nevada.

When are you leaving? Ish stupid busy, but it only takes like an hour at most to time these rigs. (CLEAN clean off your balancer, and use a drill bit by hand... I forget which size... to clean out the mag probe holes. That will make the process much faster)

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Ish down in paradise, by the airport. You're a member here, we simply do these things for eachother. However if you feel you simply must? I wouldn't turn down a twelve pack of sierra nevada.

When are you leaving? Ish stupid busy, but it only takes like an hour at most to time these rigs. (CLEAN clean off your balancer, and use a drill bit by hand... I forget which size... to clean out the mag probe holes. That will make the process much faster)

Where are the mag probe holes? I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks. Have to haul a vehicle down to Anaheim for servicing. Weekends I'm very busy for a local dog rescue.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The positions that needs to be clean is the number 1 or 4 injecter hard line.. Sand it clean down to metal so the clamp makes a good pickup. Then the dampner needs to be clean all the way around the dampner. Also clean out the machined line cut in the wheel. Then look at the tall skinny tube where the magnetic probe fits on the timing tab at the dampner. That needs to have all the dirt and road grime cleaned of of it with a 5/16 diameter drill bit. Use your hand and not a drill motor to clean it out. Then some brake clean to wash it out clean.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Where are the mag probe holes? I'll be leaving in a couple of weeks. Have to haul a vehicle down to Anaheim for servicing. Weekends I'm very busy for a local dog rescue.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?63159-top-dead-center&highlight=timing+mark

About half way down, Al posted pictures of the timing mark, and probe holes. The smaller hole on the top is the one we use. As Gary said it is a 5/16" drill bit to clean it out.

At this point ish working 7 days a week until MJ opens, but like I said it shouldn't take more than an hour to do. We can work out a day after work to do this.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?63159-top-dead-center&highlight=timing+mark

About half way down, Al posted pictures of the timing mark, and probe holes. The smaller hole on the top is the one we use. As Gary said it is a 5/16" drill bit to clean it out.

At this point ish working 7 days a week until MJ opens, but like I said it shouldn't take more than an hour to do. We can work out a day after work to do this.

What's MJ?

I'll get to work on cleaning all that stuff at some point and securing you a case of sierra Nevada for your trouble. Hopefully I find the right kind :hail

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
What's MJ?

I'll get to work on cleaning all that stuff at some point and securing you a case of sierra Nevada for your trouble. Hopefully I find the right kind :hail

Cirque's "Michal Jackson One" Ish doing the show creation, and we're into crunch time now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online