Valve Cover Emissions Decals

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, right off the bat, I know they're not available. I even mailed a letter to Navistar and never heard anything in return.

What I was going to try was to have one printed on hi-temp vinyl (like for brake caliper decals). I have two pictures of the sticker for the 6.9 so I'm going to recreate it on my computer.

Only question is, what is the size of the decal? Can somebody with a 6.9 go measure the length and width of the valve cover decal? I would be much appreciative!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
if I get to where my truck is stored today, i'll see about getting a photo/measurements for you. Mine is completely erased/white, but it's still there not chipped or removed in anyway. Perfect example of it!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I'll check later today in the sun. Do you mind sharing the photos of the 6.9 sticker? Only one someone posted here was very chewed up. Showed a lot, but a more intact one would be nice!

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got both of them from old posts here, took a while of searching, but this site is where they came from.

Here's my progress so far:

I wish I could make it more exact, but it's really quite difficult to work on something when I don't have a flat image to start with (It's curved over the valve cover). I'm doing this mostly as an attempt to have it there, and have my engine info where it goes. It'll look CLOSE, but not exact.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score

I got both of them from old posts here, took a while of searching, but this site is where they came from.

Here's my progress so far:

I wish I could make it more exact, but it's really quite difficult to work on something when I don't have a flat image to start with (It's curved over the valve cover). I'm doing this mostly as an attempt to have it there, and have my engine info where it goes. It'll look CLOSE, but not exact.

Cool, good idea. Looks like you're using excel to make that?

Looks like you're missing the text to the right of the specs still.

I kinda want to do the same thing for my 7.3L. Once you get it all finished I'd like to see it. Where/how do you plan on printing it?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm using Excel, but some of the text (as you mentioned) will not space properly, so I'm going to have to create it in an MSOffice program, then splice it in with image editing software. I also have changed the font since this iteration, it looks a little better and closer to the original.

Also the cell lines that you see in some of the cells will be removed with said editing software as well, in addition to adding the IH logo where it goes.

I'm still not sure about the printing, there are a few places online that I'm going to call and see how much they want for prints on hi-temp vinyl.

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is outstanding!! I'm going to check around here in Tyler and see who can do the hi-temp vinyl thing. I finished rebuilding my engine 1500 miles ago and this will be the PERFECT finishing touch for my valve cover!

Thanks Sam. YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent job! If I gave you some pictures of the 7.3 label do you think you could make one of those up or share the file and we can make the changes ourselves?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent job! If I gave you some pictures of the 7.3 label do you think you could make one of those up or share the file and we can make the changes ourselves?

I'd be happy to do the 7.3 label! There is a good picture on wikipedia too. It helped that I had two labels to go off of, as far as different zoom levels, etc. The 7.3 one is much more available on the internet.

I will see what I can do with it. I'll post an update when I start (sometime this week, I am in school, after all LOL )

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Mine has probably been unreadable for years so I'm in no hurry. Thanks again!

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly me, I forgot: You 7.3 guys are lucky, there is a sketch of the label in the shop manual for your truck. It may not be correct for your year, and I can fix that, but if you scan it in at a good resolution and post it, it would make my job a joke. It would also mean that it would BE the real sticker.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to do the 7.3 label! There is a good picture on wikipedia too. It helped that I had two labels to go off of, as far as different zoom levels, etc. The 7.3 one is much more available on the internet.

I will see what I can do with it. I'll post an update when I start (sometime this week, I am in school, after all LOL )

Ha, I'll see what \I can do when I get home, I'll get some shots of my NA 7.3 and my factory Turbo one as well., then you can have all the different styles and types and provide yet another addition to the tools parts and so forth for these engines!

I know \I'd be quite happy with some NA and turbo ones myself!