Valve Cover Emissions Decals

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome. The only thing I see missing are the small numbers in the lower right corner of the original. Probably a PN for the label if I had to guess??

Very nice.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome. The only thing I see missing are the small numbers in the lower right corner of the original. Probably a PN for the label if I had to guess??

Yes, that's the only part I consciously left off. I couldn't read the full number from the images I had, and I'm not sure if they're all the same. I suppose I could include it if somebody gives me a close-up. It would NOT be accurate, just be there to make it look more original.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

So, I've gotten in touch with a very nice gentleman at an auto-quality custom vinyl shop, and he pointed out some stuff to look at, namely, the image that I made is a raster image, meaning it's composed of tiny little pixels, and that vinyl printers will not print them. This is because vinyl printers only use VECTOUR images, because a raster image blurs when you enlarge it. A vectour image is essentially a set of mathematical proportions that tells the display how to draw the image.

In respect to this, I am now working on building a vector image of the label (easier than I thought, but it's still going to take some time).

The guy at the print shop quoted me somewhere around $10 plus shipping for one label, probably less the more I order. :sly

If any 6.9 people want one (or two, or three) of these, I will update with a picture of what my decal looks like if/when I finish it and get it printed. Then y'all can decide if you want one, and I can customize the decal to match your engine and truck year.

7.3 people, I need good pictures of your decals to make a baseline to start from. No promises on time, but if my decal works out, I'm happy to build a 7.3 and even a 7.3 factoury turbo decal as well.

Will post back when I have something more definitive on how the decals look!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, most picture editing programs will convert to vector graphics formats like post script (.ps) or encapsulated post script (.eps). I think PDFs are also vector graphics. Things like jpg and tiff are pixel images. Bit maps too. Probably gif as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, most picture editing programs will convert to vector graphics formats like post script (.ps) or encapsulated post script (.eps). I think PDFs are also vector graphics. Things like jpg and tiff are pixel images. Bit maps too. Probably gif as well.

True. I've tried three different vector tracers on the image, and the graphics place tried theirs too, but the text came out too jagged. If I had made a larger source image to start with, it may have worked better, but alas, I didn't. Anyhow, I have the time, and it will end up cleaner if I just build it in eps to start with. I think I can build it start to finish on Friday and Saturday.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish you luck. I think it's pretty neat and will be a great way to cap off a nice engine refresh.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best to start an image with text as a vector from the start.. If you need a hand i might be able to load up photoshop and try it.

Id love a 7.3/turbo decal for the new engine :)

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks rhk ill definitely let you know if its beyond me. Yeah looking at it now I feel stupid making it anything BUT a vectour image.

If somebody can give me pics of them, then we're in business!

Sent from my cyborg implant

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
My emissions label is internet famous! Lol

I'll see if I can get a pic of the part number.
Part number is 1807763 C1
You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home NOW, I'll try get some TURBO decal pictures so long as they don't rub off whilst cleaning.

Hmmm..

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay everybody, update! My printer is sending it through tomorrow, he said he should have it ready to ship by later this week. I'm excited to see how it turns out, this guy has been awesome, helping me with tweaking it and such.

Pics when it gets here.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is already a good photo of a turbo idi label on wikipedia

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Harvester_IDI

Good call...mine was shot to crap by pressure washer a year ago, forgot to come back here n mention it...DOH

That one is premium clear! Easy to duplicate from there I'd think!

Okay everybody, update! My printer is sending it through tomorrow, he said he should have it ready to ship by later this week. I'm excited to see how it turns out, this guy has been awesome, helping me with tweaking it and such.

Pics when it gets here.

Hope to see these bad boys soon, I could use one on my engine when all said n done!

New emissions decals, new OB timing Tape....Cleaned and Marked TIMING marks....Harmonic done in 90 deg marks too! Hell ya!!!!

Saweetnes I can't wait to see what you have created for all to see!!!!