Valve Cover Emissions Decals

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this one turns out well, I'll work on getting a 7.3 factoury turbo sticker done by the end of April ish. I have some other projects I'm working on now, but I'll make it happen if the first one turns out looking good.

Again though, if anybody want a 7.3 NON turbo, I still need a photo of one of those.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Decals are in, I have two. They are for the B block engine, if anybody could get me solid horsepower and fuel consumption numbers from an A block, that would be cool.

They look awesome as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, they have a mask layer on them that I can't remove until I actually APPLY one. Which I won't be able to do until I repaint my valve covers IH grey. I'll look at doing it when I'm in town this coming week, but it might take a while longer. As soon as I have one on the valve cover I'll post a good picture of what it looks like.

They're nice and thick, and have a laminate layer on top, and my printer says you can wax right over them if you want to protect them and the valve cover paint. They look to be a high-quality product!

I can't wait to see how these babies look applied to fresh clean paint!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is an A block? Sorry I just saw a very early 83/84 6.9 decal that was MINT today!

If that is what you need let me know I'll do my best...but cost ya ...a turbo decal set ...naw...just kidding, I'll do it anyway ROFL

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the earlier blocks (the one with the block heater cracking problems) had different horsepower and fuel consumption specs, I want to say I heard Warden describe his as a bit lower than what I found and had printed as the "B" block. Like this one says MODEL B175 or B158HA, and I think that the older ones said something like A165.

And don't worry Al, with how well this one came out, I definitely plan on making a Turbo, and 7.3 templates sometime in the future.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Finally got the original (ish) grey on there, and the decal went on perfectly. I couldn't be happier with it! I will update this thread when I have free time to set up a sale for them if anybody else wants one. Also, I PROMISE I will be recreating the 7.3 and the 7.3 turbo ones, it just might not be until later this year when I have my big computer back (in storage for summer).

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dat be so nice, ifn I was a six niner I"d get one...hell I should for chits n giggles for tool box LOL HOW MUCH?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dat be so nice, ifn I was a six niner I"d get one...hell I should for chits n giggles for tool box LOL HOW MUCH?

Gotta work it out with my printer, he said there would be a discount if I got a big order, I'll update this thread with a price when I talk to him later this summer.

And don't worry Al, it may take me a while (read: months lol) but I'll get a turbo 7.3 sticker made up for ya!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Very nice! I'm sure lots on here, including my self, be interested in getting some!

I see you found the correct color for the engine, what is it, brand, code etc? I bought a couple different ones, their close, but not exactly like the original!

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay everybody, I'm ready to finally start looking into this again!

I need some good photos of 7.3 (turbo AND non-turbo) stickers to start my recreation process on them.
EDIT: I forgot, but there SHOULD be images of the 7.3 decal IN THE FORD SHOP MANUAL!!! If a few people can scan these in, it would make my job a whole ton easier!

As soon as I get them recreated (WILL TAKE A WHILE) I can have them finalized with the printer.
After that, I will post back here to ask for a list of people whom are interested in ordering some, I can send that to him, and he can quote me a per-decal price, as it depends on how many I have him print.

ALSO! I need a picture of the EARLY style 6.9 sticker (I believe Tim, The Warden, has one!) to change to the "A" series block and horsepower numbers!

Sorry John, I must have missed your posts a few months ago. The paint I used was the plain Rustoleum Ford Gray Engine Enamel that I snagged from Ace. I like Rustoleum, have had bad luck with Krylon.
I agree, the colour match SEEMS close to me. Not that I have anything to compare it to anymore LOL
http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-248958-Automotive-12-Ounce-Degree/dp/B003CT4AIO

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I'd love to order some for back stock reasons if possible! Also, I do have a (slightly mangled from the heat) sticker on my recently removed sun visors showing startup instructions for the 6.9. Naturally no place remakes it. Would you be interested in this also?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have that one too, only mine is in very good shape. HOWEVER, I believe that that one is sewn into the visor. Confirm for me? My truck isn't with me at school this year.