Vacuum Pump Oil Trailer Thread

gator1211

Reaction score
Hey all, planning on running wmo mix in my 89 f250, and a few other little things. My plan for a trailer to haul the oil to my centrifuge is to have 2 300 gallon propane tanks tied together with a small surge tank connected to a big duo seal vacuum pump, to theoretically just suck all the oil into the tanks, and when I’m unloading it either use a pump, or reverse the vacuum pump to make it an air compressor and blow all the oil out. Anyone see major issues with this?

chickenpot

Reaction score
I love the idea, personally have been thinking of a good way to vac oil instead of pump. I have a ~10gpm gear pump used or transferring but it's just not fast enough. the vac chamber with a 1-1/4" hose or so would move a ton of oil fast. I highly encourage you to build this if you have the materials, i want to know well the propane tanks hold up

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a fine idea. I haven't considered building anything, but if a trailer tank showed up I wouldn't complain......too much..... except about Florida and our stupid trailer laws.

I just hand pump it into drums on my truck and then pump the drums into my tanks if they have room. Ive got a pretty serious hand pump and I figure its a decent trade not having to "work for fuel money" and stand at a gas station. Right now all my tanks are full, and I'll be filling up the last of my drums this week.

We don't all have it like @Nero where the place he works throws IBC totes away.

gator1211

Reaction score
I love the idea, personally have been thinking of a good way to vac oil instead of pump. I have a ~10gpm gear pump used or transferring but it's just not fast enough. the vac chamber with a 1-1/4" hose or so would move a ton of oil fast. I highly encourage you to build this if you have the materials, i want to know well the propane tanks hold up
Oh yea, I’m hoping the propane tanks hold up well, I figure if they can withstand pressure they can withstand vacuum pressure but we will see

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Once In Tx when I was putting in septic systems I ran into a guy pumping out septic tanks, He had a 1 ton truck gas rig, big steel tank mted on bed, vacuum hose ran to his engine from tank. Truck running & tank was sucking septic tank empty. There was a clear hose/tube from bottom of tank to top for sight tube so he could see how full tank was.

He said he was on his 3rd engine cause when he wasn't watching, the vacuum from engine sucked t!&@$ into engine!!!! Engines don't run very well on them!!! LOL LOL

So @Jesus Freak & @gator1211 you could just run a hose to your engine vacumn pump, from there dribble it into the intake, no unloading, settling, centrifuging,.... no nothing! LOL

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My setup will be one or two Viair air ride compressors setup with valves much like the above video has done, albeit on a much smaller tank. I picked up some camlock fittings as well and will get a 1-2" suction hose from Harbor Freight and the corresponding camlock fittings to make for as mess free setup as possible.

Gasoila makes a paste that determines if there is water in the oil. Wipe this on a yardstick and determine how far down to stick your hose so you're not pulling in water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online