US Gear

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Well, I had a great experience with US Gear's customer service today. The fella on the other end of the phone, Jim, was more than helpful to me while I was ordering speedo parts for my "new" DNe2 OD. Couldn't have asked for any better in customer assistance.

During some of the small talk while he was looking up information, he told me that the Dual Range division of US Gear "is on hiatus." The company that owns US Gear now if involved with the military, and the Dual Range wasn't heavy duty enough for the military specs (their idea of light duty vs. your average consumer) and so production of the axillary transmission and all of its components has halted with no certainty of returning. They still have some parts on the shelves, but when they are gone, they are gone.

If any of you reading this have a US Gear or related OD/UD it might be worth evaluating your equipment, because this might be the last chance to get any parts.

Looks like its Gear Vendors or Brownies from here on out...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When I was buying and installing my GV the tech told me basically the same but... He told me they were just doing the race car portions of the US Gear work now... I don't see how that would differ from any trans adapters that we have. Nice but kinda sad to learn of this change. They have a good product.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle