I Need the fuel pump drive gear

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted in quite a while, but I'm back on my engine overhaul this morning. I'm looking for some help. I need the part number or a source of the gear that goes on the camshaft to drive the mechanical fuel pump. Mine is in pretty bad shape I don't know the exact name so I posted a picture I found online. Any help would be great. I set this week aside to work on this engine so the sooner I can get something the better.
Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• CAMSHAFT marked.png
    CAMSHAFT marked.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s called a fuel pump lobe
Part number will do you no good I can almost garuntee that that was made obsolete many years ago if your near 83617 I’ve got a couple

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it should be called a fuel pump lobe. I'm sure it's obsolete, but it would be easier to find with a part number. The one on my cam is toast. It looks like the pump arm was bent causing some abnormal wear.
Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That’s called a fuel pump lobe
Part number will do you no good I can almost garuntee that that was made obsolete many years ago
I'm looking for some help. I need the part number or a source of the gear that goes on the camshaft to drive the mechanical fuel pump.

It looks like it should be called a fuel pump lobe. I'm sure it's obsolete, but it would be easier to find with a part number.
For those who want to know, the correct name for this part is "fuel pump eccentric". They are listed for sale, brand new, at jensales.com and are $38.79 each. The part number is 3446567 (541289). I don't know if the part in the parenthesis means anything. I'll also bet that you can still buy them new at other places with the right part number. I couldn't find a picture, but they are listed as fuel pump eccentrics and they're for the 6.9 and 7.3 diesels. No that's not for a first gen powerstroke. Those are located in the middle area of the cam. If it fits a 6.9, then it also fits a 7.3 IDI.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You're welcome. The trick is to not search for Ford parts. You have to search for International parts instead. I figured that if I could still buy the early style 6.9 press in oil squirters/piston cooling jets new, then I could surely find fuel pump eccentrics new as well.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, none are in stock. at least we have a part number.
I looked at these last night and don't remember it saying to call for availability.

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try this as well. Seems like the correct Navistar part number 446567C1

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doing a Google search only came up with this one pricey part.

Goat

Yep that's how I knew it was the correct part (or at least appears to be).

My point was that number could be taken into a dealership and they could search for it. Unless someone is desperate enough to spend $300 through that site and then they can have it LOL

Did this google search for fuel pump eccentric

Goat

For what it's worth, every single one I see on that search is the WRONG part, at least going by the pictures. The one on the travelall site visually appears to be the correct part.

For the reference of anyone reading this that may not know, the correct part is a press fit on the end of the camshaft underneath the timing gear and is not a bolt on unit.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These pictures should help anyone who doesn't have their engine torn apart or doesn't know what the part looks like (in hopes of helping someone not buy the incorrect part)

And this was posted by the OP but I copied it here for emphasis.

I've gone through ten year old threads before looking for information and had to keep digging, that's the real reason I'm emphasizing what it looks like so when someone finds this in the future they might find what they're looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online