6.9 update .... need pump

hayman68

Reaction score
Last month there I posted a thread Thread '6.9 sudden NO power and smoking' https://www.oilburners.net/threads/6-9-sudden-no-power-and-smoking.93145/

Got it in shop again to clean up to sell it. Took it for a good drive to show it to a guy and it started to act up again. Not as bad but same issues. Took off check valve to inspect and it seemed okay. Blew air through it again re-installed and no difference. Someone mentioned I may get lucky but likely I'd need a pump. Well now i need a pump. Where does one source a pump online?? Just stock pump. I'm going to to sell it dont want to get spendy..

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
R&D, Moose Diesel, CDD to name a few... Your best bet for fastest turn around time would probably be Moose.

gandalf

Reaction score
A problem you haven't mentioned yet is Canadian Customs. They apparently want half interest in auto parts shipped across the boarder. I've known Canadians, those who live close to the boarder, to get a US mailing address, ship there, and drive down across the boarder to pick up their parts, their mail.

hayman68

Reaction score
Found local shop that sends them down to the states to a place that rebuilds them. Local rebuilder doesn't fool with them anymore. Anyway guy Says 3 week turn around. Says they've had real good service with them. Says If it's off a running truck (not some old rusty junk yard pump laying) should be no problem. Reasonable price $850 cdn funds could have been ccd or some abbreviations like that.

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standyne still has 3rd party vendors listed under factory authorized rebuilders...