Update: 88 Bronco dually diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
The more I look at it the more it grows on me.

What all did you have to do to mount those Alcoas?

Alredy runnin 60hp/70hd axles w/ 8 on 6.5 pattern. Picked up some late model dodge adapters made by american force on ebay cheep and turned out the center for the larger ford hubs. After that everything just bolted on.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Tom, hats off to ya. Many guys just plain don't know how to build a truck, let alone make a statement like yours for $5,000.:sly I am sure anywhere you go, a conversation is sure to arise about the Bronc'. Best of luck with 'er.;Sweet

Thanks goose :cheers:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
There is already a thread over there about this bronco. I would advise you avoid Pirate if my few comments set you off this bad. They will really **** you off.

Anyhow

I applaude you building it your way. Good that you dont care what others think, but you gotta lighten up a little francis.

I have made it clear that I personally hate stacks, Just me.

i still stand behind my OPINION.

Hate the stacks all you want. Not a big deal, alot of people do. Compare my rig to some *** crap ricer, not cool

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Two things:
1) You could pull the front tires? Vids of that?
2) How do you lock in the fronts now?

Not my bag. I don't like the stacks, the side pipes OR the giant wheels, but I will garontee that if you lived close, we would hang out. For example, my BEST friend was always a GM guy. He had an IROC in high school. Put a set of 15s on it wil rubber band tires. Chrome trim on the wheel wells and had 2 15" subs in the back. Im a rock and roll/country guy. He is still my best friend and we still hunt together. Like I said, not my bag, but we would definately hang out.

Maybe then there would be vids of that thing pulling the wheels off of the ground:)

SWS

No vids of the wheel stands im aware of, didnt have my new droid back then and no video camera.

I just gotta pop the hub covers off to lock the hubs in. It adds a whole 30 seconds to the process.

My best friend since high school has nissan ricer, im even helping him build the motor and fab the new twin turbo setup. He likes it so im good with that. Hese also got a 68 road runner daily driver we built w a 609bb, which is currently the largest "stock" block stroker 440 ever built putting down 1k hp to the wheels all motor, yet still runs smooth through the entire rpm range (600-8000), and can sit in traffic in 90° heat all day long and stay at 185. And do it all on 93.
So i think that kinda makes up for the ricer in my mind.

Last edited:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Also, just some info on the body lift. Wasnt my first choice either... it went on after i first got the truck in hs in 06. It was 6" for about 100 bucks. It is comprised of energy susp. Urethane bushings under boat trailer roller halfs, with bolts upgraded to 3/4" grade 8. In adition to 3/8 C channel bracing at 6 pts, and trangulated 1/4"x3" angle stock for lateral stresses. Its a very solid setup, not just some hockey pucks.

That being said, the plan is still to replace it with a set of f-superduty front spring i have and blocks and ladders in the rear.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK OK... when I have to spend 5 minutes cleaning up somebody's post, and then deleting all the quotes with the same stuff in them, then it means that too many people aren't helping me out here. This is finished.

DON'T LOOSE YOUR COOL OR YOU LOOSE YOUR THREAD. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.