U-haul engines

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
The 7 year old rebuild question all comes down to how it was stored. If it didn't get moisture in it and get rusty, it is good to go. I have installed millitary surplus engines 15 years old that started on the 2nd or 3rd revolution. No issues. But they were carefully packaged for storage and shipment.
In this case, I would ask the community here if the quality of the reman was good in their experience.
As far as it sitting a long time, I would pull the glow plugs and spin it over until there was oil pressure, and the fuel system was primed, the reinstall glow plugs and fire it up!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have seen 70 year old cars spin up and fire off fine. Can't say they were built better than this engine. Care in how something has been prepared to sit determines what you have in the end. For the price plus free shipping... Well thats a no brainer. Figure shipping is 2/3 the cost of this rebuilt engine. I was asked about this deal last nite in a pm. My feelings were I would buy all of them if money and a place to store them was not a problem. These are ready to run dropin engines complete less coolant and oil and fuel. Thats about $5000.00 any day of the week out there.

gandalf

Reaction score
Keep in mind that these are specified as E-350 engines. They're configured as van engines, not truck engines. Some of the peripherals are placed differently. Remember too that these things can be moved.;Sweet

Hiball

Reaction score
I bought one last night around midnight, I'll report after it shows up.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have no worried about these. We bought a U-haul truck with a fresh drop in rebuild and it was a great motor!

Had I not just put a better engine in my 93 I'd have one of these also.

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the cash I'd buy it and put it in a suzuki samurai. Sure....It really would not be a samurai very quickly, but who cares? lol

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$1300 shipped is a steal, think about all the tired 460 trucks out there that could use one of these, or just a transplant for an old truck that you really like but want to breath new life into. IMHO, I think that would be a fair deal at $1900 shipped

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I weren't planning a full rebuild on my 94 turbo block, with studs and cam and all that jazz, I would just buy one of these and throw it in. I Know I will spend more on rebuilding the one I have too.

Looks to be complete all the way to the ip, lines, etc....

Hope some members here can get their truck back in great shape with the last 2 left.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Think anyone could buy a rebuilt kit and have the machine work done for less than this sale price... Fat chance. I feel like I'm missing a chance of a lifetime deal here. If I had not bought that concrete block and garden dirt I sure as hell would have one of these this I know... Damn garden sucking the money out of my pockets....:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online