12V power for accessories

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Okay so just to clarify from everyone’s ideas and info, I run a fuze box from my battery, to the accessories with the continuous relay inline between the battery and fuze box; that relay will be powered from the radio wire.

Yes

[battery]-[relay/solenoid]-[fuse panel]-[accessories]

And the relay/solenoid activated from radio switched power source.

Although you might do this for extra safety:

[battery]-[large fuse or 12v auto reset breaker]-[relay/solenoid]-[fuse panel]-[accessories]

That way you have some protection between the battery and relay/solenoid.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even better to fuse each individual circuit after they leave the buss bar. That's also how they do it from the factory so the maximum amount of circuit is protected, and has one place to find those fuses.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a fuse block under the dash for gauges and accessories. Just ran a fused 10 gauge wire from battery hot to a relay under the dash, found a hot-with-key-on wire to trigger the relay, ran 10 gauge from relay to fuse block, and finally a solid ground from chassis to fuse block. Trigger wire can be anything that's hot-with-key-on since it provides only a tiny amount of current to the relay.

Oldstock14

Reaction score
Okay so i got everything wired in, looks great. The fuze box will also lead power to my Walbro FRB13 pump (got that for 120$ brand new on a fleabay bid, really happy with that) When I pulled my old motor out, I yanked the AC/Heater box for more under hood space, eventually it’ll get a side mounted turbo with custom headers I’ll do up, an aftermarket heater system, maybe an air compressor, idk. One thing at a time though. Coming back around to ask what this ground is supposed to go to, I feel like I pulled it off the back of the old motor but can’t remember. I don’t have any electrical issues with the truck so I’m kind of at a loss. Anybody know?
You must be registered for see images attach

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can bolt it to anything that is cast iron on the motor. Not a valve cover or any other sheet metal.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Coming back around to ask what this ground is supposed to go to, I feel like I pulled it off the back of the old motor but can’t remember. I don’t have any electrical issues with the truck so I’m kind of at a loss. Anybody know?

It should hook to the engine. Some are hooked to an upper bellhousing bolt, some are on an intake bolt.
From the factory, it bolted to the back of the head.