Turning up fuel

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i decided to see if the muffler was causing issues. i took the intermediate pipe off again an went for a drive with just the dp. that did not do enough to warrant a new muffler or deleting the muffler.

would i be able the take the exhaust elbow(thing the dp connects to) off of the turbo and use a mirror to look at the exhaust wheel.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Eric,

I would agree it should not stop immediately. In know comparing apple to oranges, but, on my 6.0.... I can shut off the truck, and can step out of the drivers door, and and hear it still winding down.... I would say it takes 20+ seconds for it to wind wind down, at shutoff... so I would say it if quits spinning quickly, it may need a rebuild.....

I have 115,000 on my truck.... what is on your truck?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Eric,

I would agree it should not stop immediately. In know comparing apple to oranges, but, on my 6.0.... I can shut off the truck, and can step out of the drivers door, and and hear it still winding down.... I would say it takes 20+ seconds for it to wind wind down, at shutoff... so I would say it if quits spinning quickly, it may need a rebuild.....

I have 115,000 on my truck.... what is on your truck?

my truck has 208,*** and i am pretty sure it is the original turbo.

i have been in contact with Russ(typ4) and thursday i will be taking the turbo off the engine and sending it out to him for a rebuild and comp side upgrade. he said it is most likely the hot wheel tips are melted off or it is not spinning freely.