Turbo Whine

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I think you missed his sarcasm because he doesn't run a muffler. Of course a clogged one will hurt performance. A restriction is a restrictionLOL

I think you need to look a little closer at his reply..."Ditched teh factory muffler ( which was so clogged with soot, I could barely lift it and put in a 4" system" he is NOW straight piped

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need to look a little closer at his reply..."Ditched teh factory muffler ( which was so clogged with soot, I could barely lift it and put in a 4" system" he is NOW straight piped
Yeah, RLDSL said that... And your point? I never said anything about his reply.

I was talking about how 94iditurbo7.3 tried explaining a muffler to deeproots who was being sarcastic...;Really

Hey Icanfixall you gotta upload the video to YouTube, that link is to your own computer that only you could access.

Last edited:

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing that the intake has a lot to do with the way a turbo sounds. If incoming air is going through a lot of pipe and bends, or is going through an intake box, then you won't hear the sound because it will be dampened by the physical shape of the intake. If you run a super short intake with something like a cone air filter, you'll hear the turbo a lot better. It's the same concept as exhaust... run a muffler and you won't hear the sound. Run wide open pipes with as little restrictions as possible, and you'll hear a lot more noise. That, and size does have something to do with it. Bigger turbo = bigger whistle.

Still, I gotta admit. Looooooove that whistle. :D

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my ATx airbox off and reved it a few times. It's still quiet. I crawled underneath to look at the exhaust pipes, but I saw no soot or exhaust leaks:dunno

Has anyone fit one of those "woo woo" whistles to their turbo? :rotflmaocookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online