Turbo Questions

CSARebel916

WMO Burner
Reaction score
Hey all! I was wondering if u Cummins guys could give me some insight on the stock turbo from a 12v Cummins. What im after is what kind of psi it will put out, and how much then run for. I just found one that is off of an engine with less thank 50K!! The truck was totaled, so the guy is parting it out. Are there any specific parts I should look at real close? I did look at the propellers and they are clean and chip free. I dont know what else to pay close attention too. Last but not least, how much should I spend on it? I know turbos can be expensive, but im not to sure how much a stock one would run.

Thanks Chris

PS: Heres pics!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

NoGin_Cummins

Typical Dodge Owner
Reaction score
I bought my H1C for $650 shipped straight from holset, an HX35 would have run me over $900, Chrysler wanted $1450, and cummins wanted $1200, The main thing you want to look for is shaft play, and wear or scrapes on the compressor intake, grab the shaft and wiggle it, there should be VERY LITTLE or no play, and pull in and out, there should be no play at all, if there is it's on it's last legs,
For a used turbo I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred bucks, for new your best bet is to phone around until you get the best price.