Turbo Oil Feed Line Leaking, I Need a Fix

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Hi guys my factory IDI turbo has an oil leak coming from where the oil feed line goes into the T fitting that feeds the turbo. It is not leaking where the threads go into the T fitting but out the back of the nut/collar causing oil to run down the line and settle on top of the intake. This happened after taking it apart, I feel it is plenty tight in the T and is not leaking at the connection. What can be done with the line to get it to stop leaking, can it be fixed without replacing it? Since there seams to be no turbo replacement parts available. Thanks for the help
Note picture was from another persons post I just wanted to illustrate what I was trying to explain.
You must be registered for see images attach

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
It needs a new "olive" in there. that is what actually does the sealing. some have cut a small section of fuel hose. could try that, then if you need you can get the olives from Russ(typ4) on here.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any local diesel shop or ford should have the olives also. They're dirt cheap, but kind of odd to find.

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Awesome thank you for the fast replies. I know a shop that might have something like that available. I tried to PM Russ about getting a return line kit and never got a response; Is he to busy?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im busy, missed your pm cause my box was full, give me your address and your needs and ill get it in the mail tomorrow and the olives for the feed line.
and then just send me a check.
work is finally slowing down a bit.
I can even run home and ship it today most likely

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Thanks Russ I'll PM you with the info. No problems I can about image the amount of responses you get from this site. Glad there are people like you supplying quality parts to keep us going!

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
No Oil Pressure!

I attached a photo of the olives supplied. The medium one in the middle is what I used. I Split the fitting on the end of the line and inserted olive, fit great going back together and stopped the leak. But now there is no oil pressure, what is the correct way to repair this, I obviously did something wrong. Also there was no seal inside the line for me to reference.
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
wHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU SLPIT THE FITTING AT THE END OF THE LINE.. hOPEFULLY YOU DIDN'T CUT THE BRASS NUT IN HALF TO GET THE OLD SEAL OUT AND THE NEW ONE. IN...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Slorry about the caps... I was not yelling... Wifey was on this puter and left it as caps... Will try to watch for this in other posts.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil pressure might take a few seconds to build, if you put the olive in correctly.

You could unhook the FSS on the ip and crank the engine for a while to build pressure up there without starting the engine.

IHdieselfan

Reaction score
The olives are known as vibra-lock fittings by parker. John deere and IH love them. I use to be a field mechanic for a deere dealer. I could find some deere numbers if you'd like and post them. if you have a dealer close buy they usally keep them in stock.

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Well Im really not sure why its leaking because if I remove it out of the Turbo Oil T which is a male brass fitting into the T (Female) there is no seal but also not leaking there. If you take a 3/4 wrench and an 11/16 the fitting on the end of the line will come apart 3/4 part stays on the flared line and 11/16 comes off (part that goes into the T). There was no seal inside but I put one in anyway to see what would happen since it fit so perfectly. This stopped the oil from leaking out the back of the 3/4 part and down the line. But no oil pressure, after running awhile. I did pull the fitting off the T while running and oil was coming through just not enough. I am thinking it is a problem with the line since it is a little loose when installed causing the leak. Lengthy explanation but this is the only way to describe all of what has happened.

IHDieselfan: Does vibralock fitting refer to the entire fitting or just a seal? This thing has no seal at all so I am kinda lost at this point.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Olives go on the OUTSIDE of the metal line. Look inside the female part of the brass fitting and see I'd there isn't an old hardened one there

IHdieselfan

Reaction score
yes vibralock refers to the whole fitting but the rubber part is the vibralock packing. any parker store will know what your talking about.

IHdieselfan

Reaction score
the john deere number for the packing you need R67092 that one fits the turbo oil line and the line from the fuel pump to the filter base. the number for the line from the filter base to the ip is r74012.