Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better take the picture down and destroy/hide the evidence before the wife finds out you took the screen.:D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
neat idea but if that screen is tight against the tubing it will restrict your flow.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Why does it run like a ***** ape when it is sucking air?

"the case pressure in the pump changes and messes up the timing."

How does that work?

"Wish mine would run like that all the time." me too!

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Why does it run like a ***** ape when it is sucking air?

"the case pressure in the pump changes and messes up the timing."

How does that work?

"Wish mine would run like that all the time." me too!

I think the simple answer is timing. Just like the fast idle seems to give you more power. However overly advanced timing is ******* the engine and while it may seeming run better it will self destruct at some point. kind of like a top fuel car. She may go 0 to 300 in 4 seconds, but they have to rebuild the engine after every run

gatorman21218

Reaction score

is this to catch all the junk in the tank? I am under the theory that tank screens and pre-filters only keep the stuff in the tank, and eventually clog the intake completely. That means dropping the tank. That means I am in a highly irritated state of mind as that is my least favorite job on the whole truck.

Instead I would get a cheap filter like oldbull showed and put that before the FSV, and get another slightly better filter to use before the lift pump.

DontKnowJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimbob, in an effort to avoid that highly irritated state I would be in from dropping the tank, I'm gonna try this first. I already have an opening in the bed, under a 150 lb gooseneck plate, which is only 1 step below the irritation level of dropping the tank. I have 3 inches of screen here, hoping that is enough area to stop 10 years of garbage.
BTW, I got filters just like ole Bulls. Gonna put them between the tanks and the selector switch.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yeah I did the front tank on mine TWICE. it leaked when I bought the truck so I dropped it with the standard Ford reserve capacity of 8 gallons still in there. Man with a rotted muffler blowing on soot on a tank that is covered with fuel makes for a dirty situation. I looked like derek zoolander after he left the coal mine. The epoxy kit failed to stop the leak and I had to replace the tank. And no I didnt know about the shower head because i would have done then if I had known

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle