transmission cooler

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I know many use the biggest cooler they can find for their e4od's but how many of this have a fan to kick ON when the temp rises to more than it should? Is there such a thing?

Thank You.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ez-
are you talking about the transmission cooler that has the temp switch and cooling fan intergrated into one unit? only person I know who is running such an animal is Darrin.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You Calvin, I'll see His photos and try to find it.
So far I found this but the price is a lot more than I expected. I need one for a truck that is always loaded and needs one dearly.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ez-
neither has a built in thermostat. I robbed one off a '92 Dodge pu that had cooler/fan/thermostat built into one unit.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
ez-
neither has a built in thermostat. I robbed one off a '92 Dodge pu that had cooler/fan/thermostat built into one unit.

What is a dodge pu (pick up)? I'll see if I find one of this then since the thermostat is kind of obvious that is necessary, don't understand why they sell a cooler and a fan with out one.

Thank You.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a dodge pu (pick up)? I'll see if I find one of this then since the thermostat is kind of obvious that is necessary, don't understand why they sell a cooler and a fan with out one.

Thank You.
'92 w250 4x4 5.9 non ic, TF727. the thermostat control drives up the price majorly.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
'92 w250 4x4 5.9 non ic, TF727. the thermostat control drives up the price majorly.

Is this a factory thing or aftermarket? I searched rock auto for a cooler for a dodge 5.9 non ic but they all look like a regular cooler, no fan or tstat.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a factory thing or aftermarket? I searched rock auto for a cooler for a dodge 5.9 non ic but they all look like a regular cooler, no fan or tstat.
I found a very complex transmission cooler system on this truck. it had a warmer, cooler and external cooler. the line dia was 1/2" toocookoo. dodge really took regulating the temp on this trans very seriously. you can see the external cooler located just right above the AC condenser in the first pic. the second pic is the warmer.

Attachments

• SL371432.JPG
    SL371432.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 11
  • SL373402.JPG
    SL373402.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 9

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Why can't you just add a temp switch?:dunno

I don't know where to get one is the main reason, but since I plan to get about 5 of this I also want to have it all in one kit if possible but yes I would if I could find a switch for this type of application.