transmission cooler

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I bought the temp sender separately but don't remember what the price was for that or the fan setup since I bought it 3 years ago. If I have a chance I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Revelstoke

Reaction score
Hey, that's a nice looking unit, Darrin. Question: It looks like you mounted it horizontally, right under the tranny, is that so? After doing it, would you suggest any other place? Do you have a tranny temperature gauge, and did you see any difference before and after?

Thanks

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Here's your cooler:click COOLERscroll down

Here's one similar except in a plate and fin instead of tube and fin design with 8an fittings and rated for 30,000 pounds ;Sweet

If you have one of those blowing toward your floor, make sure to use reflective heat shielding over a piece of sheet metal with an air gap.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey, that's a nice looking unit, Darrin. Question: It looks like you mounted it horizontally, right under the tranny, is that so? After doing it, would you suggest any other place? Do you have a tranny temperature gauge, and did you see any difference before and after?

Thanks

Thanks, It is mounted under the truck sort of under the rear part of the cab. The Trans you see in the pic is the Gear Venders OD that is after the TCase and trans so it is back a ways. I run the trans fluid from the stock radiator, to a Super Duty Tranny Cooler in the front of the INtercooler, then it runs back to an aux bypass filter then through the trans cooler with the fan on it, and back to the trans. As far as location there is really no other place that I could install it and it works awesome where it is.

Hard to tell in the pic but there is about 3 or 4" Of clearance from the top of the cooler to the bottom of the floor board so there is plenty of ventilation.

I do have a Trans Gauge, with 2 senders that I can switch back and forth, One is in the trans itself, the other is on the hot line going by the aux filter. My trans gets as warm as 180 Deg, and that is about it, no matter what I am doing with it. When I switch it to the hot line I usually see abut 20 deg warmer. It works Great!

You must be registered for see images

EZ,..Looks like you have plenty of options, if you can get a whole setup for about $200.00 Thats not bad, I still have to check my speed shop for you and see what I paid, but mine were 2 separate units.

Now that I have this setup, I would not buy one without the auto temp switch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online