transfer case help needed. poor favor.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the yoke that fits is on a 4407 transfer.
im not gonna lie, this yoke and u joint mumbo jumbo confuses the hell out of me.
always has.
not rocket science. either it fits or it doesn't.
sounds like we need to meet up for lunch in pleasonton or dublin and let me take a look at your driveshaft and I'll bring my oem yoke. if things match up, I can go by Steve's and get something matched up for you. that's the best I can do.
I can't sell my yoke since someone else here on OB just paid in full for my changeover. so, technically, I don't own the part anymore.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, I got it all figured out,
the driveshaft was indeed for a 97,
I pulled the yoke off the 4407 and tried to put it on the 1356, which is a no go, splines and diameter are incorrect.
found a driveshaft local for 120 bucks, going to have it dropped off today sometime.
direct bolt on.
doneski.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I bought E7TZ-7B214-C, came in today and its the incorrect one, its got a 1310 u-joint width, and I have a 1350 width, but the caps and the bolt holes match up.

It's been a while since I was going through yokes and drive shafts once a week but I'm pretty sure that:

1310 width with 1350 caps is a 1330.

I broke lots of 1330 and a fair amount of 1350 yokes and universals. Lots of power and traction with way too much axle wrap will do it every time.

My best was shearing the u joint, breaking the yoke on the 10.25 and straightening the yoke eyes on the driveshaft. That also put some nice dents in the bronco's floor. That was with the stroker small block and c6 at a truck pull when I down shifted back into first :) drove home 40 miles on the front driveshaft.