Trans upgrades?

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Alright who out thier has the auto and has done the torque convertor, valve body upgrade? Thier is a guy around here that use to have one with Goerend parts in it and he beat the eyeballs out of it and it held! Anyone do this and tranny die? Mine works great just scared to add power stock!

Andy

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a valvebody in my truck. No real mods yet, but there are a lot of people making good power with just a valvebody upgrade. Mine was build by a guy south of Atlanta and said it would hold a comp with no problems. Hope this helps.

dieselminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 'o2 CTD

Suncoast Tripple Disk Pro Loc Torque Converter
Suncoast Heavy Duty Performance Valve Body
Suncoast 5.0 Shift lever

I looked into Dave Goerend's products ...

he uses a stock VB with a $150 Dunright Shift kit and sells it for $499 and takes your core ...and over and over..

his TC's are also stock diameter

and he talked up the 3.8 shift lever .... well ....its stock

the plus;es Dave is one the only TC company that offers a life time warentee on his tripple even if your input shaft takes your TC out ! oh yeah and he's alot cheaper.

in my link go to 3D ,,,readers rigs then click the budgit bomber ...now its a 12V but it has a stock TC and nothing but a Transgo shift kit in its VB watch the video's ....then go to my truck and watch the videos of me playing thats with what I got done ..... the 0-90 video has alot of information about the transmission ...its dark tho,,,but just listen ,,,,thats PURE CTD POWER with Suncoast putting the power to the pavement ,,,.... just having fun

the videos will go to show you anything better than stock is ....well ...BETTER

but if you want it to last there is no limit you can wrap up $5000 in your trany

You need to know your Goal HP /TQ and decide what mods you will need to do to hold it safly.
DM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online