trans temp???

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
:hail Whats your trans temp towing? Mine gets up there around 220*. I pulled the pan and changed the fluid and filter there was some BLACK clutch material in the pan!!!!! I just rebuilt it 2 years ago about 20,000 miles. No problems with shifting,just conserned.

Oh and the probe is in my HOT line going out.

rthomas

Reaction score
mine used to get that hot, witch is ok but pushes the comfort zone so i doubled up on the coolers and now it runs 160-180 when towing
that clutch material could be from the trans shifting to soon and sliping the clutches a little, i like to keep my shift pionts kind of high, it keeps the line pressure up and runs more fluid through the coolers

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
If in the hot line keep temps under 225° (max long term temp) you can go higher while towing as long as you don't hang out there.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
ok thanks for the input.

Well it looks like i might need a band adjustment, I cant get my shift points to change. I took uot the modulater valve on the c-6 and it seems fine so i adjusted the small screw and turned it in or clockwise and drove it with no change?? I took off the vacuume line and it is drawing pressure.

Am i missing something here why wont my shift points change? It shifts real early with no real slip but it bogs the truck down when it shifts that early.

Any ideas? :confused: cookoo

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you messed with the VRV valve on the side of the IP yet?
Also, make sure your kickdownl inkage is not hung up.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
towcat said:
have you messed with the VRV valve on the side of the IP yet?
Also, make sure your kickdownl inkage is not hung up.

Did not know to mess with that valve. will look tomarrow. and the kick down is free and workink good. It will shift down if i put it to the floor it just shifts too fast at normal throttle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online