Tranny filter change

chach3835

DIESEL BURNER HERE
Reaction score
99 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4R100...... Ok got the truck up on the lift and am getting the filter tomarrow Dexcron III/Mercron is the correct fluid to use correct??? Also what is it 6-8 qts for the filter change? Any one specific brand to use on this truck?

Attachments

• f250onlift.jpg
    f250onlift.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the 99 4X4 ? Be sure you are getting the correct filter for a 4X4 they have a deeper pan, and take more oil 16 Qts. Are you draining the TC also ? If you do there is a certain procedure to refill the TC. Put in 6 Qts. run motor for one minute put in 4 Qts. run motor for one minute then check level with the motor running, add fluid as needed. The TC holds 2 Qts. fluid. To drain the TC, rotate until the plug is on the bottom.

chach3835

DIESEL BURNER HERE
Reaction score
ok thanks.............I guess I didn't know the TC had a drain plug. I will drain it as well. And follow your procedure. Yep 4x4

Last edited:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
That the 99 4X4 ? Be sure you are getting the correct filter for a 4X4 they have a deeper pan, and take more oil 16 Qts. Are you draining the TC also ? If you do there is a certain procedure to refill the TC. Put in 6 Qts. run motor for one minute put in 4 Qts. run motor for one minute then check level with the motor running, add fluid as needed. The TC holds 2 Qts. fluid. To drain the TC, rotate until the plug is on the bottom.
Does this work for 4x2?:confused:

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or if it has been rebuilt and the converter didnt come with a drain plug. I have seen several like this, mine included. I wish I had known it when I ordered the converter I would have had them put one in when they built it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online