C6 slow to engage after fluid/filter change

MadMac

Reaction score
I should have known better, but its done. Had to have the radiator & hoses done & didn’t have time - so took it to a shop which does a good job with basics… Since most of it has to be touched anyway, added fixing trans cooler, some leaking lines - and a C6 Fluid & Filter change. Of course the trans cooler still leaks… but slowly after running it 6 to 8 times, the C6 started to have a delay before engaging. Shift from park - nothing happens.

Doesn’t matter if its drive or reverse, or even switching between the two. Adding a mild amount of throttle does not appear to help. So far, its running about 5 to 15 seconds to engage, but not consistently. Most of the time it appears to engage fine after it warms up - but not always. The biggest problem - the erosion of my trust in its rock solid reliability.

I’m hoping its missed a simple adjustment… any ideas before I do something drastic? Any advice is appreciated.

fwiw btw- I figured someone would have had this issue but all my search attempts returned nothing similar.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...we gotta dig a little deeper....can you get the shop to show you the old filter and also a picture of the new filter they put on..?

Reason I ask...if a short filter was put on a deep pan...it would behave like you described...gotta check all of the boxes...starting with the simplest ones first.

Did anyone monkey with the vacuum modulator..?

MadMac

Reaction score
OK...we gotta dig a little deeper....can you get the shop to show you the old filter and also a picture of the new filter they put on..?

Reason I ask...if a short filter was put on a deep pan...it would behave like you described...gotta check all of the boxes...starting with the simplest ones first.

Did anyone monkey with the vacuum modulator..?
Its a great point. I’ll call and ask via part numbers - which they should have records on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online