trailer brake wiring

Longesst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an unused plug under the radio and think it maybe for trailer brakes. if so, is there a pigtail that should hook up? seems i remember some trucks coming with them in the glove box:dunno

sassyrel

Reaction score
i have an unused plug under the radio and think it maybe for trailer brakes. if so, is there a pigtail that should hook up? seems i remember some trucks coming with them in the glove box:dunno

if that pigtail--has a heavy blue wire in it--thats the one--and you can get the ford adap plug about anywhere--

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the truck has the tow package, then that plug/connector is for a brake controller. Most RV stores have the pigtail cheaper than a Ford dealer, should be around $15, that's what I sold them for.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Hopkins/20262.html

Hopkins Brake Controller - 20262

Brake Control Wiring Adapter for Pre-Wired 1992-93 Ford Full Size Pickups and Bronco

The plug on the vehicle is located under the dash near the center console on most vehicles. If no power is going to the conector (use a circuit tester to check), additional wiring will be needed to be run to the port. Use the ETBC7 if a 7-way trailer connector is also needed.

The brake control wiring adapter is used to simplify the electric brake controller installation. The 4 wires on the adapter are butt-connected to the 4 wires coming out of the electric brake controller. The harness is then plugged in to a port under the dash. In most cases, the factory will have run the rest of the wires to the 7-way trailer connector in the back of the vehicle.

Hopkins # 47695
Replaces 18262

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online