Tires tires tires....

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
My F350 has 285/75 16 Dayton Timberlines on it. They were on it when I got the pickup. They have served me well so far, but I have yet to pull a heavy load with them.

I was actually, looking at getting something in the 255/85 series when I get mine replaced......

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
thats what the 235's are on the back of my truck right now and im not impressed...dayton timberline a/t's...

if the truck is sitting next to my house on a very slight hill in wet grass i have to use 4x4 to get out....they have left me using 4x4 WAY too much....and they have worn very quick....like 1/4 tread in like 6,000 miles

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im probably gonna pick up some hankooks at a local dealer for 120 a piece mounted/balanced (235/85/16)

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hate to hyjack my own thread but you got any pics of your hitch setup with that camper....ive been wanting to do that on my truck with a piggy back camper but was afraid of the hitch for when im haulin my samurai to go wheelin...

I will take some pics tomorrow and show you what I do;Sweet

also thanks cat.. I am not brand specific, or never used to be, but there is a reason loggers use ford cc to go to work. for 300k and above. Mine used to live that life and still had enough good to ressurect. Our chevy at work wont haul a car trailer with 6k of scrap on it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I will take some pics tomorrow and show you what I do;Sweet

also thanks cat.. I am not brand specific, or never used to be, but there is a reason loggers use ford cc to go to work. for 300k and above. Mine used to live that life and still had enough good to ressurect. Our chevy at work wont haul a car trailer with 6k of scrap on it.

Yeah, Ford trucks is all the loggers use around here, I dont think I've ever seen a dodge or chevy on the back logging roads that I've been on. The farm I work on (fairly big, I think they have around 13000 acres), and they use chevies cause of the IFS. They havest grass seed, and so they ground after its been combined and swathed is realy bumpy, so they like the "car like" ride of there chevies....I see a lot of them in the shop for suspension issues though.

Russ, you use a class V hitch with a 48" stinger? Thats what my parents did with our truck/camper/boat combo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.