Time to start working on Big Ed again.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Big Ed indeed has a 6BT Cummins in it. Get a ride in Big Ed and you will realize he's more than just another Cummins retrofit. That rig is put together very well, I was infinitely surprised of how well the C6-Gearvendors-3:55's work with the big 6 in front of them.:peelout Darrin is a class act and had his time with the IDI engines. Once an IDI guy, always an IDI guy.

Thanks Goose!,..I Appreciate the compliments,..Checks in the mail,..;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Goose!,..I Appreciate the compliments,..Checks in the mail,..;Really

You two should get a room....:eek::rotflmao:sly I was able to meet Darrin at the 2009 rally. He had a rear seat sleeper for Calvin in gery leather... I nearly didn't make it home with that in my bed... I liked it that much.. But honor before dishonor is my way. Darrin is one of the backbones to this forum. I'm always impressed in how he locates and buys some of the best low mileage duallys ever. Some may recall the black dually crewcab with the gasser 460 in it.. That rig never saw salt or wet weather driving. I think it was a 91 or 92 rig... It was showroom fresh beyond compare. The owner only drove it to haul his packard to car shows... What a life for a dually to have...:thumbsup::D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Twas not me... It was those guys doin that... Dirty minds all over the place...:angel:

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to do the cummins swap to mine. Started gathering parts over the past year. Cant decide if i want to keep the zf or if i want to get a nv4500. I heard zf cases dont like power and 205 tcases.

gsfloor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely a sweet truck, hey Darrin what mirror setup is that? stock mirror brackets to doors but what is attached to it? I hate the stock mirrors on truck just too small,used to have the west coast towing mirrors on another truck and loved em

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Cant wait to do the cummins swap to mine. Started gathering parts over the past year. Cant decide if i want to keep the zf or if i want to get a nv4500. I heard zf cases dont like power and 205 tcases.

You ll love it, I would go with the ZF5, depending on how big power you are shooting for, but 400HP and 750 Torque they will hold up fine. They work good behind big HP Powerstrokes, just need a good clutch.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Definitely a sweet truck, hey Darrin what mirror setup is that? stock mirror brackets to doors but what is attached to it? I hate the stock mirrors on truck just too small,used to have the west coast towing mirrors on another truck and loved em

Looks to me like obs foldaway mirror on a bricknose mount.

Correct, It is the stock Ford Mirror, but it has a fold away bracket on it, so I can swing it in or out. The mirrors themselves are a little convex and are a spotting mirror off a semi. The head is a lot smaller than the big Fold Away Tow Mirrors, so they fit the bracket better than the. All that said, they work OK,, I am not convinced I like the Convex mirror, even tho I have been running them for 2 years,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You two should get a room....:eek::rotflmao:sly I was able to meet Darrin at the 2009 rally. He had a rear seat sleeper for Calvin in gery leather... I nearly didn't make it home with that in my bed... I liked it that much.. But honor before dishonor is my way. Darrin is one of the backbones to this forum. I'm always impressed in how he locates and buys some of the best low mileage duallys ever. Some may recall the black dually crewcab with the gasser 460 in it.. That rig never saw salt or wet weather driving. I think it was a 91 or 92 rig... It was showroom fresh beyond compare. The owner only drove it to haul his packard to car shows... What a life for a dually to have...:thumbsup::D

Thanks Gary,

Yea that was quite a ride, To jog the memory, here are g few pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Got to work on the truck for a little while today, Got the new12000LB Winch instaled.

Here is a pic, will have more of the installation tomorrow:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the Winch Install:

I have had the Warn Winch Bumper in there for years, Awyays wanted to fill that hole with a winch:

Top ***** Access panel removed:

Remove the Bumper, Had to remove the and disconnect 6 lights as well:

Bumper Removed, Temporarily hung the KC Lights with ty wraps to keep them out of the way:

Pic of the Badlands Winch and Wireless Remote system:

The Winch bolted in with no Drilling, All of the bolt mounts were perfect!

Mounted the control box and wired it up.

This shot shows the Wireless Receiver in place:

Easy Access to the Amsoil Bypass Filters with the Bumper Removed:

It was going to be a tight fit with the Tranny Cooler in front of the Intercooler, but It looked like it will fit,.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Fairing and Hook installed:

Bumper back on :

Yes it was a Tight Fit!

Under neath shot: