Time to start working on Big Ed again.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have done any major posting. Been busy working on the lot, and also when Webshots got shut down I lost all on my pics that were posted in a ton of my threads, and kinda turned me off to doing a lot of posting. I finally opened up a photo bucket account and will start to slowly upload all of my pics, and re post them in the threads.

But for now, I have decided to make some changes to Big Ed this winter. I will keep this thread updated as I make the changes, upgrades.

Some things on the list:

Remove the steps and install full length Ranch Hand Running Boards:
Install a wireless controlled 12K Winch
Reseal the Transfer Case
Install Hydroboost
New Fan, and shroud, maybe go with electric,.we'll see.

I started on the Steps yesterday, These Steps were pulled off a truck that I bought in Texas and brought it back. They are the True Heavy Duty Ranch Brand Full Length Side steps,..>With Boot Scrapers! I know right,..

Here are the steps that I am taking off:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the first test fit on the Ranch Hands, Trying to decide what to do with them around the Side pipes, I have a good idea of what to do, but will need to get them cut.

That's it for now,..

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Winter work is fun I guess... Have to take care of what takes care of you...:thumbsup::D

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any shots of how those mount up underneath? I've got a set like "trailboss" or something NOS steps I bought off ebay. They look like a Ranchhand knockoff. I'd love to see how the Ranchhands mount.

You going to keep them black or paint/powdercoat them a different color?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see Big Ed back on OB. I feel the Webshots pain as well. I have no idea if I'll try and upload my pics again or where.

I need to get the crew cab re-wired and ready to go again. And, now with deer season over, I should have more time to play with the trucks.

Keep the updates coming.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You got any shots of how those mount up underneath? I've got a set like "trailboss" or something NOS steps I bought off ebay. They look like a Ranchhand knockoff. I'd love to see how the Ranchhands mount.

You going to keep them black or paint/powdercoat them a different color?

ll get a shot of the mounts for you, They just go straight back to a L and bolt straight to the frame, They don't touch the body at all.

The side steps will be power coated, or painted Rustolium Hammered, Grey to match the back bumper, and the top of the front bumper.

The Front Bumper is chrome but the I painted the top Diamond Plate the Rustolium Hammered Grey and it turned out really nice. Been on there for 5 years with no problems, So I will prolly just sand and paint them.

The Rear Bumper is Powdercoated Grey, with Diamond Plate on top of the bumper:

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice to see Big Ed back on OB. I feel the Webshots pain as well. I have no idea if I'll try and upload my pics again or where.

I need to get the crew cab re-wired and ready to go again. And, now with deer season over, I should have more time to play with the trucks.

Keep the updates coming.

Heath

I hear ya Heath, It took me about 2 hours just to redo the Fall IDI Get together thread.

and Yea,.Get that CC done will and back on the road will ya,..!

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ll get a shot of the mounts for you, They just go straight back to a L and bolt straight to the frame, They don't touch the body at all.

The side steps will be power coated, or painted Rustolium Hammered, Grey to match the back bumper, and the top of the front bumper.

The Front Bumper is chrome but the I painted the top Diamond Plate the Rustolium Hammered Grey and it turned out really nice. Been on there for 5 years with no problems, So I will prolly just sand and paint them.

The Rear Bumper is Powdercoated Grey, with Diamond Plate on top of the bumper:

A picture of the mounts would be great, but mainly I was wondering if it touched the body at all. Also are any of the holes existing? I'm assuming not.

Grey to match the front bumper or rear will look Great! I really like that rear bumper on your truck. I've been worried about the tire carrier myself when using a trailer, but still really like that. How does it work with a bumper pull trailer?

Still one of the sharpest trucks on here!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
A picture of the mounts would be great, but mainly I was wondering if it touched the body at all. Also are any of the holes existing? I'm assuming not.

Grey to match the front bumper or rear will look Great! I really like that rear bumper on your truck. I've been worried about the tire carrier myself when using a trailer, but still really like that. How does it work with a bumper pull trailer?

Still one of the sharpest trucks on here!

Thanks! I have no problem with any bumper pull that I have used, I also tow a 5th wheel, so the Tire and Jerry Cans are removed for that. It is not the most practical setup but I really like it. It came off of Heaths Truck originally when Rob bought it out of Ca. The guy that owned that truck in Cali owned the company that builds these bumpers.

http://www.crossenterprises.com/

Here is a pic of the mounting, and it does not touch the body:, I will have to drill holes in to the frame and bolt them on:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Than ks for the heads up on the rustoueum hammered grey paint, I will definitely use that in the not too distant future. I usually get away with gloss black and aluminum diamond plate trim for my custom bumpers. That would really be a curve ball on the Logger. The hammered grey will fit in much nicer.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Than ks for the heads up on the rustoueum hammered grey paint, I will definitely use that in the not too distant future. I usually get away with gloss black and aluminum diamond plate trim for my custom bumpers. That would really be a curve ball on the Logger. The hammered grey will fit in much nicer.

You bet, I use it a lot, There are 2 different shades of grey, (not the book) I use the lighter one for this project. The Black is pretty cool as well, the Hammered Texture adds a lot to it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Still getting used to this Photo Bucket thing,.

Here are pics of my old steps as requested:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online