Time to start working on Big Ed again.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
They look really good, Darrin. I'd swap out my Dee Zee running boards for something similar to that in a heartbeat.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
It'll be blue this time Scott. Apparently pink isn't Darrins favorite color. :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand are those boards, and how do they mount to the truck? Are they body-mount or frame-mount?

Forgive the questions, but I've been looking for a set of running boards that mount to the frame, have a large step area (i.e. not tubes), and can hold a good bit of weight...

In any event, looking very good ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Always great to see pics that show off something nice. Darrin you really have done some work this year. I like the boards and the fit. Sure hope they are not slipperly when a wet shoe steps on them.. That would be my luck doing what you have done. For a moment I thought your comment about plowing snow was with Big Ed.. Then I figured it out. I'm sure Ed would do it but thats not its design is it...:angel::hail

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
What brand are those boards, and how do they mount to the truck? Are they body-mount or frame-mount?

Forgive the questions, but I've been looking for a set of running boards that mount to the frame, have a large step area (i.e. not tubes), and can hold a good bit of weight...

In any event, looking very good ;Sweet

Correct they are Ranch Hand Boards, same company that makes the big ass front and rear Bumpers. http://www.ranchhand.com/

I pulled them off a Truck that I got from Texas.

These mount directly to the frame and don't touch the body. I had them welded to the frame. I had to remove the farthest back brace to cut around the Side Pipes but they are still very sturdy and well built, and from what I gather, pretty expensive. I was fortunate enough to get them for free but I have about $400.00 invested into sand blasting, rock guarding, painting, welding, and installing them. For the protection that it offers the truck it is well worth the effort and money.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Always great to see pics that show off something nice. Darrin you really have done some work this year. I like the boards and the fit. Sure hope they are not slipperly when a wet shoe steps on them.. That would be my luck doing what you have done. For a moment I thought your comment about plowing snow was with Big Ed.. Then I figured it out. I'm sure Ed would do it but thats not its design is it...:angel::hail

Thanks Gary, It is diamond plate tread and the Rock Guard adds some texture so it should be not too slippery when wet.

For Plowing,.Yea that is what Droopy is for!

You must be registered for see images attach

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
What color IDI? Pink has already been done!!! lmao

Black Please!!!!!!!

cant see the oil dripping that way,..

Actually Big Ed is at Rons for the Hydro Boost upgrade, and new front brakes. I have had the Booster for a couple years just haven't made it a priority to get it installed, but after a couple of panic stops last year it is tome to get it done!

So Thanks Ron for getting this done for me!

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct they are Ranch Hand Boards, same company that makes the big ass front and rear Bumpers. http://www.ranchhand.com/

I pulled them off a Truck that I got from Texas.

These mount directly to the frame and don't touch the body. I had them welded to the frame. I had to remove the farthest back brace to cut around the Side Pipes but they are still very sturdy and well built, and from what I gather, pretty expensive. I was fortunate enough to get them for free but I have about $400.00 invested into sand blasting, rock guarding, painting, welding, and installing them. For the protection that it offers the truck it is well worth the effort and money.
Good news and bad news...good news is, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for ;Sweet but, looking at the website, it doesn't look like they make that style anymore. All they have now are "traditional" steps and something that they call "running steps" that don't look to have much step area at all: http://www.ranchhand.com/products/steps

Are your steps aluminum or steel?

I'm trying to get something that my dad can use to get into the truck...which means I need something that mounts directly to the frame, has a wide step area (he has mobility issues), and can safely handle 400 lbs. So far, easier said than done...

Thank you again :angel:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You will love the hydroboost! Does wonders for your brakes...mine are very usable, yet have amazing stopping power!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online