time to put the ol girl down

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys this trucks had a hard last 4 years and now its time to put her to put her out in the field...shes just needs to much....needs transfer case, suspension, window motors, brakes, gp's and gp controller, windsheild, seats, 2 new batteries and cables, PS box, rad, blower motor, starter, neutral saftey switch, headgaskets, u joints in front end, and the worst part it needs a new cab as years of beating this truck thru the bush has cracked the firewall and snapped my rad support, and the fenders are starting to crack from the headlights back toward the cab. its sad i love this truck....but i just cant afford to fix it right now... today im gunna take her for her last drive, dunno when ill be able to get her back on the road...thanx for all your guys help in keeping this truck on the road, and i hope to be back asking for your help soon.
-matt

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
It is a labor of love.;Really I realized mine needed a ton of work too, and when I finish it still will be a single cab truck. I am going to end up getting a supercab (better for the family) and most likely sell mine off.

Sorry to hear about your tough decision. It's always hard putting a good one out to pasture. Hopefully another one will come along for you.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, at least she can become a donor for your new truck, that's still putting her to a good use, and way better that C4C or the crusher.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
This is about the case with my 89, i cant afford to fix it so it just kinda sits in my field, i love my 89 and iwouldnt take no amount of money for that truck, it means too much to me

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im gunna try and sell the motor and trans and ttb out of it to fund my cummins swap, anyone looking for a 7.3 and a 15,000km e4od, and 15,000km d50? haha

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking for a Dana 50 with 4.10's LOL

That truck sounds like it would fit right in with the trucks we use at work. Most of the ranch trucks have 400,000 miles+ and are freakin Piles!!!! LOL

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i could say this truck has 400,000m on it but only 270,000kms but theres no dout the trucks a pile haha... frame is still mint and thats what i need for my project to come...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online