Thread to ask questions for my repower??

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I will try the IP adjustment first. Yes I took out the 4bt turbo 475 combo as I could not get the vibration down on it. I dont know but I am almost certain the torque converter was the wrong one but it was in the combo when I bought it out of a bread truck. I put hydro boost on the truck just so the truck would not take off at the read light. The 7.3 c6 has very little vibration and when in gear its just as smooth as out of gear. I really need to find the c6 adapter to put my gear vendor back in. I got lucky this week, a friend called me and told me he had me a extra gear vendor with ford adapter but it apears to be a transfer case adapter. Well any way now I have two GV and 2 adapters.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
interested in selling it?

If i had that i'd swap my C6 back in my truck and kick this zf5 to the curb. Really just want OD.

BTW my truck idles smooth as silk. My old Cummins used to shake me out of the cab and the noise in the truck was horrible. I still don't have sound insulation in my truck but i don't find it objectionable.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gear vendor I got this week does not have any electronics and dont know if it works or not. I know it has the large deep pan and a 1356 adapter. I would trade this setup for a c6 adapter if any one has one.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well keep your eye out for one that will help. I guess if you find one you will need it to thought!;Sweet

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys I had a guy swap me a gear vendor c6 adapter setup for my chevy stuff but I am worried now if it will fit. The adapter measures out at around 16" and my tail housing is around 14". He said it came out of a 89 truck with diesel and c6. Any one of yall know about this as I hate to keep calling gear vendor and not buying any thing from them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guys I had a guy swap me a gear vendor c6 adapter setup for my chevy stuff but I am worried now if it will fit. The adapter measures out at around 16" and my tail housing is around 14". He said it came out of a 89 truck with diesel and c6. Any one of yall know about this as I hate to keep calling gear vendor and not buying any thing from them.

Kind of a confusing post. The GV adapter for a C6 replaces the tailshaft housing on a 2WD trans. It is circular in nature. If you took your tailshaft off and the housing measures the same at the mounting flange then your good. If your saying the new housing is 2 inches longer than the stock one, then that's probably correct since the factory housing is exposing the last inch or two for the driveshaft yoke, where as when you bolt your GV up to it, there will be a splined sleeve to connect the two.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion. The guy I am getting the gear vendor from emailed me that his original tail housing was a little less than 14" which seems to be the same as mine. I thought about the shaft today sticking out just a bit and that when added to the coupler that is where the extra few inches come in at. I guess that sounds logical:dunno!

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I figured out that my ats 088 kit was leaking yesterday. The crossover pipe was leaking where the clamp hooks both pipes together. I had it welded up solid today and now my boost is hitting around 8lbs(before 5-6 max). My uhaul pump is a turbo pump but I assume that it is tuned for NA and I have not messed with it or turned it up. I have no smoke at all and I am happy with that but I did notice at full rpm and full throttle the boost moves from 7-8lbs back and forth. Is this because I am running out of fuel or hitting the governor? My pump is pushing 7-8lbs of pressure on a mix of diesel and wmo.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
my ats088 with no exhaust leaks and a turbo pump turned up will PEG 15 at WOT.

I actually installed a FICM on a 6.0 excursion yesterday and after driving that one and driving my truck again if i could shift the zf5 faster my truck would most definatly be quicker than that 6.0

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang always something. I was going to the shop to pull truck out to clean shop and get ready for gear vendor install and my truck was hard to start and then it died. I am getting 6-7 lbs fuel pressure to the engine. I put me a inline filter on engine to watch to see what it was doing. I let the clamp off of the line right before it goes into the injection pump and it started spewing out and filled the filter in no time. I tightened down the clamp and started the engine and it died again after the fuel in the filter was gone.:dunno I took the line off the return and watched it for a little bit and it had air bubbling out for several minutes after the engine died. Any ideas on where to start with this one?