This Is What They Go For Around Here

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive mentioned before the truck market around here but today I ran across this good example.

This is a '93 F350 XLT 460 E4OD 2WD with 193k, for 6,7k.

You must be registered for see images attach

It was a nice truck and in comparable shape to mine minus the couple of little rust spots mine has. It had normal wear but looked good with no visable rust.

It will probably sell for not much less than the asking. In my eyes its more like a $3-4k truck :dunno but thats what they go for around here.

Makes me wonder what I could get for mine.....just for a minute though.:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
While it looks nice in the pics, there is no way a 2WD 460 truck would bring that kind of money around here, MAYBE 3k at most.

Last edited:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because thats what it's listed for DOESN'T mean thats what it goes for.

when you live in the salt belt, you will then be able to understand why the price is what it is.
i saw a 94 f350 2wd excab dually last weekend at road atlanta and i talked to him about it. he gave a grand for it, and it was rust free, diesel and auto. i looked at that truck and told him it was worth prob 4500 bucks where i live at. he lived in Georgia and i live in WV.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because thats what it's listed for DOESN'T mean thats what it goes for.

Well duh. I didnt say he'd 6,7k for it, but he might. Id be suprised if you could get the guy down below 6k.

A vehicle is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Im sure theres no one on this board who'd pay even close to that. However unfortunately an internet forum doenst speak for the market/mass. Its pretty simple really, places where clean rust free trucks are plentifull tend to sell for less. Places where theyre not tend to sell for more. Around here I wouldnt be suprised if he gets at least 6k. Central US and west to the coast the same truck would fetch around 3k and certain places north east you could probably add another 2k to whats being asked now.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of Virginia? I use to live in Va beach and hampton. prices seemed pretty comparable to everywhere in the south when I was there. Will be in Yorktown VA next month for a week.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive mentioned before the truck market around here but today I ran across this good example.

This is a '93 F350 XLT 460 E4OD 2WD with 193k, for 6,7k.

You must be registered for see images attach

It was a nice truck and in comparable shape to mine minus the couple of little rust spots mine has. It had normal wear but looked good with no visable rust.

It will probably sell for not much less than the asking. In my eyes its more like a $3-4k truck :dunno but thats what they go for around here.

Makes me wonder what I could get for mine.....just for a minute though.:D

much more truck can be had in your area for this kind of $.
http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/ctd/2591420344.html
http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/ctd/2553072730.html
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/2527959903.html

with this economy,and fuel prices,a 460 is pretty much worthless today.
not sure you could give that truck away around here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online