THIS IS A MUST READ.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Cool cause it is cheaper that other additives? I'm still adding my own special bled of stuff.. Bure Bean Refined..... 1% of my stuff ups the lubricity 65%!
when my block was apart i coated everything with two cycle oil but don't they add some kind of color to it so you know it is mixed?

I was wonder about this...

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Mix ratio for 2 cycle Oil

The easiest way to remember mix ratio for 2 cycle oil for your truck is 1 ounce of oil for every gallon of fuel. So basically if you put 20 gallons of fuel in you need 20 ounces of oil. This will work out to about 128:1 ratio which is very safe to use! Just for information purpose.
Cummins authorizes up to 5% of WEO (waste engine oil) to be blended into diesel fuel. Knowing this now you can add up to 1.75 gallons of 2 cycle oil for a 35 gallon tank. But I would only stick to using 2 cycle oil and mixing 1 oz of oil to 1 gallon of fuel...
[/FONT]

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that.

2 cycle oil has blue dye in it.....Hmmmmm now we get to start the dyed fuel arguments again:dunno cookoo

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I was a little suprised to find powerservice offers no more lubricity then the diesel fuel we are running.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a little suprised to find powerservice offers no more lubricity then the diesel fuel we are running.

Hmmm 175,000 miles on the OE Injectors and IP and it has always purrrrred like a Kitten. So PS must be doing something good for my Engine, for the past 20 years.;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hmmm 175,000 miles on the OE Injectors and IP and it has always purrrrred like a Kitten. So PS must be doing something good for my Engine, for the past 20 years.;Sweet

I got 148,000 on factory stuff as well. PO used Powerservice religiously, so do I.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
very interesting, i would like to see more certification but i can believe that two cycle fuel can help. it is designed to be a good fuel lubricant in small doses. any more info from some other sources conferming this???

SKimballC

Reaction score
I've been adding a 50/50 blend of 2 stroke oil and Powerservice for the last couple thousand miles. It hasn't affected my mileage one way or the other, but the truck is a lot quieter, and it smokes a slight bit more.
I previously added Stanadyne fuel treatment to every tank. I guess I haven't quite made my mind up about it yet.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, before we get started on a Power Service bashing thread read everything. This guy has proven pretty much nothing about anything.

He leaves out information to his discredit and an MSDS sheet is pretty much worthless exept to Emergency response personnel and people who like to read them......Here's the rest of that line about lubricity.....

” Slickdiesel meets the new ASTM HFRR 520 Lubricity Specifications for the United States and the more stringent European Specification of 460 in most fuels.

Here's a little something else he left out on the Diesel Kleen that's on their website........

Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost contains Slickdiesel , a proprietary Power Service diesel fuel lubricator that exceeds the ASTM D-975 maximum specification for lubricity in Low and Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuels.

Adding more lubricant to your fuel WILL increase the lubricating properties.

He shows an MSDS sheet which doesn't say squat about lubricity OR the exact chemical make up which is withheld as a trade secret. Chemical Specific information is available to health professionals.

While I'm sure 2 stroke oil would probably make a good additive it would cost me twice as much for 1 qt per tank full the Power Service Diesel Kleen is costing me for 4 oz per tankfull.

I'll stick to my Power Service as it is a product that was made to be a diesel fuel additive, I've used it with great sucess for 20 years, it saves me money and it has helped my truck run noticably smoother, quieter and more powerfull since I started using it in her.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF IT'S SLICK---I DUMP IT IN

Many of the Dodge/Cummins guys have been using Two-stroke oil for quite some time with excellent results.

Myself, I filter my used oil and dump it in, find some cheap oil >> dump it in, Power-Service, Marvel-Mystery-Oil, Two-Stroke, even straight vegetable oil >> dump it in.

One point that he made having nothing to do with lubricity, that still got my interest, was the point he made about the anti-gel additives being mostly commonly available petroleum distillates, such as zylene, naptha, and the like.

I would like to know just what anti-gel really is, and what ratio it should be added to fuel to prevent gelling.

The prices of store-bought anti-gels have gotten way out of hand and if I can make my own for less, I will go that route.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
That is a good link. For added lubricity why not use 5-10% biodiesel? I know that pre-'93 vehicle fuel lines are not B100 compatible, but is such a small percentage a concern?

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a quick burn, with a tank of 100:1 two stroke oil.

Not bad! Can't comment on the mileage yet, but it's somewhat quieter at idle. And it smokes waaaaaaay more on accel with my turned up pump, which is sweet ;Really

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sulfur itself does not effect the lubricity, but the process to remove the sulfur also reduces lubricity. They are supposed to put it back in ULSD to the 520 HFRR level, but this MAY not be enough and furthermore, quality may vary. Using 2-cycle oil is probably OK, but it is expensive. I would rather use a bit of vegetable oil with the Power Service. The PS is great because of the water killing quality (white bottle) and the cetane boost.