THIS IS A MUST READ.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Yeah, its good stuff. Finally killed the case of it that I bought last year and haven't gotten around to ordering more. That's my only beef with it, I can't pick it up off the shelf anywhere. Probably time to order another case.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After running 2 stroke for a bit, mixed 100:1, my engine quited down, or so I thought. I also expected that it could be placebo, so I didn't want to confirm my results so soon.

Anyway, I've had a bit of a knock, which I believe is injection related. It's intermittent, at low RPMS, and comes and goes. Nothing major, but it has caught my ear. It can go away for days, and come back for a bit unexpectedly.

After running 2 stroke for a while, I haven't heard it at all. I ran a couple tanks of straight fuel for a bit, and there was again! Couple more tanks with the 2 stroke oil, and it's gone.

I've run Power Service for a while as well, and it never made the knock disappear. So I gotta say, I'm sold on the two-stroke.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No such thing as a placebo to a machine. It either works or it doesn't. The results and data to support your hypothesis are dependent on your level of research and how detailed you want to get.

I'll stick with biodiesel and Stanadyne (or CRC lubricity additive). The problem with the internet is that any joker can come on there and spout off posts saying that boiled weasel-*** is the ultimate fuel without any scientifically obtained data to support his claims.

These people are also very unfamiliar with the chemistry of hydrocarbon or ester-molecule fuels and the stringent standards that they have to meet if you're going to mass produce them for the general market. ASTM D6751 and BQ9000 are just two of the standards in place now for biodiesel.

The irony of this is that many homebrewers are so **** about fuel quality (me included) that we are able to make a fuel that meets or vastly exceeds the above mentioned standards, while commercial suppliers are struggling with fuel quality issues or just pumping out crap to the consumer and expecting them to foot the bill when the consumer's car dies from poor quality fuel.

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running 2 stroke in my truck and it seams to start better and run easier. As far as BIO DIESEL, I cant find anyone around here and if it settles after time, I really cant use it. I put 3,000 miles on my truck in the past 1 1/2 years. Bio diesel will settle before I could use it up

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you're talking about biodiesel or waste veggie oil? If biodiesel is kept in a sealed container out of direct sunlight it can last up to a year.

There's alot of confusion and misinformation out there about what biodiesel is. It is NOT just putting veggie oil in your tank, that is called running WVO or also called blending.

Biodiesel is made by a simple chemical process where you take the glycerin out of the oil and leave the biodiesel behind.

If the biodiesel hasn't been 'washed' of excess glycerin and methanol, then things will settle out, but always for the better, the fuel left on the top is good quality fuel as all the heavier contaminants have fallen to the bottom.

JeffMoss1

Jeff
Reaction score
In reference to the original post. I'm pretty sure that the guy improperly interprets data in the first graph and made the second graph on his own. He's assuming that this ppm is on a volumetric basis, but it's actually on a mass basis.

Density values are necessary in the calculation of fl-oz/gallon which he gives in his second graph (which he doesn't do.)

I can't see how sulfur ppm on a volumetric basis would be useful to anyone.

In addition to that, wikipedia says that sulfur isn't a lubricant...the process of removing sulfur reduces lubricity (like Mr. Roboto said.)

So, assuming wikipedia is correct, even if his calculations were accurate, they don't mean anything for fl-oz of lubricant per gallon :).

~Jeff