thinking about putting this on my fuel filter

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been suggesting those forever to guys that have issues with using the block heaters on the early A blocks. Thanks for bringing this with pics and a place to buy..:thumbsup:

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
ya this one is only a 75 watt 5x4 i think so its small and i figured it would doo good on the fuel filter

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those work great on drums, filters, pans or whatever, sized to fit application, highly recommended on any WMO/WVO system. Although on custom tanks, a 12V hot water heater is best, with dedicate port in tank.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put tees on the heater hoses, two valves and wrapped about 10 turns of soft 3/8" refrigeration tubing around the fuel filter. I haven't had a gelling problem in years.
There is quite a lot of fuel passing through the filter; not all of it is burned, a good amount goes back to the tank where it cools again. I did try an electric heater, similar to the one displayed above, and it could not keep the filter warm.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I covered the copper coils with water line insulation (thin fiberglass wrap) and then covered that with aluminum flashing.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I have one of those on my 94 around the filter, under each battery and wrapped around the IP. with just those plugged in and not the block heater she will fire in -30 in a heartbeat. Cheaper to use all of them over just the blockheater.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are 12VDC not the 120VAC Kat sells for oil pan, battery or whatever. The 12V that is listed has to be connected to a relay, so it's only on when the vehicle running. I know DC / AC it's all current, it's the voltage that counts.