The Oilburners hall of shame

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by Agnem, Oct 16, 2007.

1. laserjock

laserjock Rebuilding! Supporting Member

What company is it Brian? Mobile users don't see the headers necessarily.

2. IDIoit

IDIoit MachinistFabricator Supporting Member

VDO gauges...
    their customer service is down ....:number2

3. laserjock

laserjock Rebuilding! Supporting Member

Inline Tube- Just say no.

Inline Tube-just say no.

The full saga is documented in my build thread but it starts over a year ago. I called them up and ordered a set of prebent stainless lines for my truck. Ext. cab long bed. They didn't have it listed but I was told no problem they can do them. Got them a few days later open the box and look at the lines and think to myself these don't look like stainless. Surely they are. Must just be mill finish and not polished. I didn't think much of it at the time. I installed the front to rear line. After some massaging it fit okay. Fast forward to this spring 3/2015. I'm doing the rest of the brake system (I know it took a while right) and I go to install the rear lines and they have the wrong fittings on the ends. In the process of trying to get ahold of them I read the descriptions of the lines and also realize that I got steel lines and not stainless lines. I call them up and of course its been too long for them to fix the order but the offer to sell me another set at cost. I said okay, I fell on my sword. My fault for not checking sooner. First I got just the rear brake lines. I call them up. Rest of set coming. Nope. Got front to rear main line for a reg cab and was short a master cylinder line. 3 more tries and a month later I finally had a full set.

What was frustrating was the CS people trying to tell me they were guessing on the pattern when I had given the part number to another member with a similar truck and he got exactly what he was supposed to. And when I suggested expedited shipping oh Lordy you would have though I asked for their first born. No my time isn't worth anything...

Just say no or if you do chance it make sure everything is right IMMEDIATELY and don't count on a speedy resolution.

4. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

My experience with DieselRedemption.com 7792209911 lincolnpimp
    http://dieselredemption.com/products/16in-ford-e350-e450-oem-steel-wheel-rim-dually-accuride-29398-32064
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331787315671?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

When the 1990 Ford E350 Dually Shuttle Bus that I have, sheared 7 of 8 wheel studs it ruined the two wheels on the drivers rear. I looked to the internet to find a used set and found that Diesel Redemption in CRYSTAL LAKE, IL had some. They are offered on their website as well as on Ebay for the same price but juggle the price of shipping around...still basically the same price.

I called Jeff to verify fitting, that they put a fresh coat of paint on them and if I ordered before noon their time that they would make the last pick up for the UPS truck. He said yes to all the above. I also asked if he preferred me to order off Ebay or thru his site. Me knowing that I would save him a few bucks by ordering thru his site I agreed to do that. Since he said they paint the used wheels I went ahead and ordered four instead of two within 15 minutes of getting off the phone and was sent a confirmation Email at 1047am his time...my credit card was charged at the same time.

I received tracking #'s later in the day and when I checked they did not make the last truck and since it was a Friday they just sat at the UPS store all weekend long. The bus was ready to roll I just needed the wheels that finally arrived the following Thursday. When I opened the two boxes (two wheels in each box) they were packed with free stuff that is supposed to be used when shipping USPS Priority Mail and you could tell the paint was wet when they were put in the box and they were only painted on ONE SIDE! The side that only shows when mounted on the front...these were going on the back. The cardboard box was stuck real good to the painted side...and scuffed due to poor packing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's some pics of the unpainted side that you actually see on a dually.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I complained and asked for a refund of the price of one wheel due to only being painted on one side, box stuck to the other and late shipping he refused. He claims I should have known they would only be painted on one side, that he's not liable for the stuck cardboard on the wheel and that he didn't get the order until almost 4pm and busted his ass to get them out the door.

I forwarded his email back to him with the time stamp showing the 1047am order and verified with my CC. Best he would do on a refund was for me to send the wheels back on my dime.

That's my story...I will leave it to you to decide if you want to spend money at Diesel Redemption 779-220-9911 I know I will not. I should have ordered they off his Ebay page so I would have had some protection.

5. theSHERPA

theSHERPA Full Access Member

You have built in protection by using your credit card for the purchase. Just leave them on your front porch and do a charge back through your CC company.

6. IDIoit

IDIoit MachinistFabricator Supporting Member

you also should have asked in the market place, I have a complete set of these and would have let them go for cheap. but you woulda had to paint BOTH sides

7. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

They are on the bus now but I may look into a partial dispute since they were not as advertised and return would have been at my expense.

Thanks for the offer and would have been fine with painting whatever I got. My beef is I specifically asked the guy what he is going to sell me and when it would be here and he failed with both.

8. theSHERPA

theSHERPA Full Access Member

Since you installed them it may be too late, but in a charge back, shipping is not on you--its up to the seller. Got ripped off one time, called my CC company for a charge back and told them to tell the seller his package (reseated and packaged back up) was on the porch at my address. Seller had to coordinate pickup through UPS. A few days later, the box was gone. Easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk