The diary of my journey to the darkside.........

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some fuel, rpm, and timing to that 6.6, and you'll like driving it more.

It could use all those, as it is it is very tired and could use a good once over. Loaded with 34,000 pounds you spend some time in each gear. However empty it is a lot of fun to tool around in and can get up and go...not like I would ever rev it up at stop lights when a big lifted (but still lower than where i sit) ***-a-part pulls up beside me.:rotflmao They don't know what to do when they look over and see me beside them. Also just throwing this out there...that truck may have held off a cummins....through second gear :D

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 questions, one needed ASAP.

Belt order V belt 6.9?

second, and we have some time on this, factory Y into 3" that progressively gets larger...

Or dual 2.5" right off the manifold?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
not sure on the belt order if its the same as my 7.3 then it is alternator, power steering, ac starting from closest to the engine.

the exhaust i would say 3 in single just because it is more simple to run and if you ever go turbo you wont have to worry about splitting the dp into the duals. at least that is the reason mine is single.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her figured. The problem was I had 10 belts, most of which were new, and out fo wrapper. So... had to find right length, etc.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya id say single three
or single three to a dual setup
i got a single three on mine sounds good
but the dual would be cool but making it turbo is hard then

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clips on, core/radiator are in, taurus 3.8 fan WILL work... if I run a jumper wire, it cranks.

gotta get me the kit to mount the fan through the radiator tomorrow..... and the vacuum hose off the brake booster to attach to vac pump.

Looks like a rig again, pretty happy bout that, and its closer.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This 6.9 hasn't run since May, there may be residual fuel in the IP and lines, but dubious. The tank is bone dry, the lines are brand new..

What is the OilBurners recommended way to get fuel up and have it fire?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
have stock lift pump? fill fuel filter and just crank/cool down starter, crank/cool down starter till fuel is present, bleed at fuel filter first, then the injectors.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IP Power is the terminal closest to the oil fill, right? If so, what is the rear terminal?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i thought key on was in the middle timing advance was on the side with the lever and the throttle advance was right by the throttle. Is there a fourth post?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online