Why the adds now? New Comp. from Win 7 to Win 11

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old Lenovo Think Pad Window 7 screen is starting to darken on the right side.
Been a great Lap Top, but advised by my Computer Genius Son in Law, time to
replace it.
There are no upgrades for 7, and Iam so old none for me either.

Picked up a Lenovo Idea Pad Window 11. Costco has a sale on them.
I have been down last 3 days shifting info over.

Now trying to do catch up on the Forum, but now I have advertisements on the
right side of the screen, what`s up with that now? Iam sure there wern`t any there
before.

Am I going to have to do an up grade for a ransom on the Forum to a higher level?

Goat

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Old Goat

Ublock origin will block most ads on most websites, including YouTube.

Windows debloater will remove most of the preinstalled garbage they added to your computer

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try switching to the Brave browser and set up ad block. If that doesn't work you could always load Linux Mint to get rid of all the Microsoft crap. Thats what I ended up doing because I got tired of all the crap on Windows 10. My desktop is so old I couldn't load Windows 11 even if I wanted too, which I surley don't.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but @Old Goat , you put this on the 6.9 7.3 engine heading. So it could be the IP, fuel selector switch, or you're probably got a spot where air is getting into the line and it's pulling an ad or two in with it. Just kidding, I really just thought that it was funny that its under the diesel engine heading. Good luck.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but @Old Goat , you put this on the 6.9 7.3 engine heading. So it could be the IP, fuel selector switch, or you're probably got a spot where air is getting into the line and it's pulling an ad or two in with it. Just kidding, I really just thought that it was funny that its under the diesel engine heading. Good luck.

Let's be honest, it's probably because Win 11 doesn't have native support for cupholders.......

Goat, is it on any other sites or just this one? Is it possible there's something prepackaged with the browser causing the issue? What browser do you use?

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are GREAT!! anything to declutter and streamline my life is muchly appreciated...I have had my share of frustration with a lenovo in the past...I found out how to delete 'superfetch' and that helped keep it from stalling...but I still don't use that laptop unless I am desperate...

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess Google Chrome is the browser.

I tried to get into FTE, which I pay the minimum price to not have the Adds.
Think it is $20.
Gone around and around trying to put in my password which I have used for ever on there. Won`t take it, even e-mailed a special pass word to get in, then want to know what my old pass word is......grrrr
Google wants to have a list of my pass words, forget that, they know too much anyway.
Finally clicked on some google link and ,,,Poooof, it works and Iam in on FTE.
Back to normal?

OK, click back into OB, and now no Add`s.....what gives???

I would think with this new Win11, no more leaky "O" Rings, Fuel Drain back, Air intrusion or pouring cool water over the IP to get it working....

Old is better, and worked.
Posted here because you guys are smart and have it all together....Right? :rtfm:idiot: :dunno

Thanks for the feed back, will check into the links about removing all the excess krap in this new system, will check it out.

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.