THANKS Calvin ( Towcat )

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to thank you again for helping me make that happen yesterday.

Calvin went out of his way to help me with a transmission for my Suburban, and I am very thankful for that.

Thanks again ;Sweet

-Dallas

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sometimes I find what members do here for others without thinking of themselves. Helping others in need is what makes this forum better than the rest.:thumbsup:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I find what members do here for others without thinking of themselves. Helping others in need is what makes this forum better than the rest.:thumbsup:
Gary- there was nothing altruistic on this job. Money was exchange and a small profit was made. Not a big one, but big enough to buy a lunch or two. Bottom line, he got a black box with a bunch of voodoo and I put together the black box knowing what kind of voodoo went in. :D That's the biggest problem with a rebuilt trans, unless you know what and how it's assembled, you will never know. That's why I got into the business years ago. When you own towtrucks that eat E4DOA's for lunch and dinner, you buy into a trans shop just to keep pace with all the roasted trans the trucks produce.

cr430c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, Calvin hooked me up with my second truck in my signature. He always seems to be helping the members of this forum. Don't know if I ever told him thanks. So here goes... Thanks Calvin.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
For those that have never been able to attend a bar be que at calvins you have no idea what your missing. Only after attending a few does it sink in what fun is had by all that attend. Nobody goes to sleep unhappy.. Or hungry or not so wasted they can't move about safely. Its a family affair with wives and children too all playing together nicely. I think of it as the one day west coast rally. Both clavin and I have traveled the 2000 + miles to attend the July rallys so we can compare. The west coast affair has less attendys but just as much friendly particion helping others. Heres hopeing for another sna jose gtg this summer.. Which seems like its happening right now with the 80 to 95 degree temps we are having out here.. Gees.. What happened to spring.... Or did that happen one weekend I was laid up inside the house...:dunno:angel:

Last edited:

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Calvin is all things to all people, sort of the Mr Roarke (remember Fantasy Island?) of OB. He seems to have just what you need in your time of need, and for the right price. Thanks, Towcat!

I'm ready for another San Jose GTG any time.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin is all things to all people, sort of the Mr Roarke (remember Fantasy Island?) of OB. He seems to have just what you need in your time of need, and for the right price. Thanks, Towcat!

I'm ready for another San Jose GTG any time.
that honor is trully Mel's, not mime.
I just happen to have the rare opportunity to do what I enjoy doing with my daily grind.