Texas members show of hands!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To ALL,

We can get a special tour, interactions with TX Revolution historical/uniformed reenactors & a "history talk" by the curator of The Alamo, if we choose 07MAY16.
(While I have "touched base with" Ms. Lauren Stratton in the "group office", I have made NO actual arrangements for our group.)

yours, satx

Thanks for checking that out for us, what times would that be done? I think since many of the members are driving from outside SA we should meet around 12:00 so its easy for everyone

southtexasidi

Reaction score
I'm down around Galveston. Sounds like fun I'm in. Who ever is doing the planning, would you DM me please.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

My suggestion (and that is ALL that it is, as I'm "in charge" of nothing at all) is for those who wish to arrive by 10AM at The Shrine (IF you are interested in meeting with/interacting with the TX Army reenactors), everyone meet at 12 NOON at PETE's TAKO HOUSE, 502 Brooklyn Ave, 78215 near the intersection of BROADWAY & BROOKLYN for lunch & then arrive at (or return to) The Shrine in time for the 130PM Historical Talk.
(Ms. Stratton told me that she can set a different time for the "historical talk", if we wish & there are "enough of you".)

As parking near The Shrine is at "a premium" & EXPENSIVE, I'm planning to ask a nearby church to allow us to park our vehicles (for free) on their church lot. - More on this later, if I'm successful.

simply my SUGGESTIONS, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To All,

My suggestion (and that is ALL that it is, as I'm "in charge" of nothing at all) is for those who wish to arrive by 10AM at The Shrine (IF you are interested in meeting with/interacting with the TX Army reenactors), everyone meet at 12 NOON at PETE's TAKO HOUSE, 502 Brooklyn Ave, 78215 near the intersection of BROADWAY & BROOKLYN for lunch & then arrive at (or return to) The Shrine in time for the 130PM Historical Talk.
(Ms. Stratton told me that she can set a different time for the "historical talk", if we wish & there are "enough of you".)

As parking near The Shrine is at "a premium" & EXPENSIVE, I'm planning to ask a nearby church to allow us to park our vehicles (for free) on their church lot. - More on this later, if I'm successful.

simply my SUGGESTIONS, satx

Thanks for the details satx, they seem like a good option, although I'd like to get out of the city at some point and cruise some back roads away from traffic, but I'm sure we will find time for that!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I've given it all some thought and from speaking with some members it seems that we all want to just have a low-key first meet, as cool as the Alamo tour sounds, I think it would be nice to not really have a schedule laid out before we leave home. For testing the waters with this meet I would just like to meet at the restaurant and we can decide over some great Mexican food what we all want to do with the rest of the day, I think the tour that you suggested satx can definitely be apart of future activities, as I would like to make this a more often thing, maybe meet every month or every other month, depending on interest.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

WORKS for me. - And it will be no trouble at all. = The food at Pete's is GREAT & not at all expensive.

By the way, I talked to the manager & he said that at 130PM or later we can have the big back dining room to ourselves.

Let me know what all ya'll decide.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

WORKS for me. - And it will be no trouble at all. = The food at Pete's is GREAT & not at all expensive.

By the way, I talked to the manager & he said that at 130PM or later we can have the big back dining room to ourselves.

Let me know what all ya'll decide.

yours, satx

Having a party room for ourselves would be great, I appreciate you lining that out for us, I called ahead to the manager and got us reservations for 1:00 pm for that back room and got reservations on parking in their back parking lot, I think we could aim for meeting there at 12:00 so we have a chance to check out the trucks and help everyone get there before we sit down for food, then we can decide what we want to do from there.

So here's a recap:

On May 7th we will be meeting in San Antonio for the first Texas Oilburner's Meet. We will be meeting at Pete's Tako House (502 Brooklyn Ave) at 12:00 noon. We will enjoy lunch then leave from there to a next destination we will decide over our food, most likely a cruise to some cool local spots where we can take some photos and enjoy the trucks and company. Everyone is welcome, even if you show up in a Honda, or a beautiful idi bullnose, the point of this meet is to get our local Oilburners together to share our love for our trucks, so even if you haven't made an account on here contact me if you live nearby and I will put your name down for the RSVP list!

I will keep everyone posted on any changes but I think this is pretty solid, if anyone needs more information or needs help finding Pete's Tako House, you can contact me through PM on here, through email ([email protected]) or at 8303286548.

Now that we have solid plans I would appreciate if everyone who thinks they can make it will RSVP on this thread so I can get a better idea on how many we will have out, maybe even post a picture of what you are gonna bring out! ;Sweet

I appreciate all the help and interest that ya'll have put into this, I've wanted to do this for awhile now and I'm really excited to finally achieve it!

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul; All,

Sounds FINE. Count me & (hopefully) my 1986 F-250 Lariat: IN.

Something for all of us to think about: I'm thinking that, as BIG & spread-out as TX is, we should consider a committee of at least 5 folks to plan the next Meet & (hopefully) the Meets to follow.
(Maybe we should also consider some sort of "schedule" for the Meets on a diverse parts of the State, too. = Like NORTH, SOUTH, EAST & WEST schedule, maybe??)

just my OPINIONS, satx

P.S. = Miss Brenda's bird-dog puppy cut his teeth on the gearshift knob on the truck & I've checked out the junk/wrecking yards around SA & have not found a single good 4-speed 1986 manual-trans knob, that the management is willing to sell separately.
IF anyone has a suitable OEM shift-knob that's surplus to their needs, I'd be a buyer.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm that shift *** wouldn't be something I would have my 82 parts truck is an automatic.

I think the committee idea is great especially if we decide to rotate the meets into different cities, that will all be good things to discuss over lunch.

I will be bringing out my 1993 7.3 idi, hopefully will get the nitrous going on it before the meet but this brake problem and ac for my lady is the priority at the moment.
My father will either bring out his 96 F250 460 or his 96 Custom E350 7.3 psd Van... Which is for sale Btw!

As far as parts I'll bring, I have two trucks and a drivetrane worth of parts along with misc. stuff from my truck so I think I'll leave it all at home and if anyone wants to look at anything I can bring them out or we can just bring the group to our ranch, its about 20 minutes from where we are meeting. If anyone knows they need anything ahead of time let me know and I'll pull it off and bring it to the meet. Satx, I got your glowplug relay haven't forgotten about that yet!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think they can make it?
i won't be able to make this one. maybe next time.
here's a pic from 2012 on the last TX gtg in Hamilton, Tx.
Fordsnguns (brown 2wd CC)and Redneck Aggie(wht/blu SC) was there that day. The infamous gray CC dually in the background is mime.
Redneck Aggie unfortunately passed away in a head-on collision roughly a year ago.

Attachments

• 2012TXgtg.jpg
    2012TXgtg.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 47

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i won't be able to make this one. maybe next time.
here's a pic from 2012 on the last TX gtg in Hamilton, Tx.
Fordsnguns (brown 2wd CC)and Redneck Aggie(wht/blu SC) was there that day. The infamous gray CC dually in the background is mime.
Redneck Aggie unfortunately passed away in a head-on collision roughly a year ago.

Sorry to hear you won't make it, we will definitely be having more of these though ;Sweet
Those are some sweet rides, real shame to hear about Redneck Aggie, rest easy brother.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a party room for ourselves would be great, I appreciate you lining that out for us, I called ahead to the manager and got us reservations for 1:00 pm for that back room and got reservations on parking in their back parking lot, I think we could aim for meeting there at 12:00 so we have a chance to check out the trucks and help everyone get there before we sit down for food, then we can decide what we want to do from there.

So here's a recap:

On May 7th we will be meeting in San Antonio for the first Texas Oilburner's Meet. We will be meeting at Pete's Tako House (502 Brooklyn Ave) at 12:00 noon. We will enjoy lunch then leave from there to a next destination we will decide over our food, most likely a cruise to some cool local spots where we can take some photos and enjoy the trucks and company. Everyone is welcome, even if you show up in a Honda, or a beautiful idi bullnose, the point of this meet is to get our local Oilburners together to share our love for our trucks, so even if you haven't made an account on here contact me if you live nearby and I will put your name down for the RSVP list!

I will keep everyone posted on any changes but I think this is pretty solid, if anyone needs more information or needs help finding Pete's Tako House, you can contact me through PM on here, through email ([email protected]) or at 8303286548.

Now that we have solid plans I would appreciate if everyone who thinks they can make it will RSVP on this thread so I can get a better idea on how many we will have out, maybe even post a picture of what you are gonna bring out! ;Sweet

I appreciate all the help and interest that ya'll have put into this, I've wanted to do this for awhile now and I'm really excited to finally achieve it!
so how did it go? no pics?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so how did it go? no pics?

Well I feel real bad about this one but I couldn't make it out there... With employees getting one tranny stuck in first and cracking the others bellhousing in the same day on top of me remembering mother's day was that sunday I just couldn't get out there. Don't know if anyone else went but I know a lot of guys pulled out at the last minute because of mother's day.

No worries, we will make up for it in the future and definitely hold another meet here in TX!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online