Texas members show of hands!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Northwest of Austin but it is time to do the tanks and pump. I need a break from house building. These 52 year old knees are screaming for a break.

Very Understandable, I'm thinking of some dates that would work, does any particular date work out for anyone well? Can everyone meet on the weekend?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I've got some dates for yall to consider: weekend of April 26th, weekend of May 4th and weekend of May 21st... anyone of those work for yall? It looks like we are meeting in SA so once we nail down a date and have some rsvp's I can look into dyno days ect.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Alright I've got some dates for yall to consider: weekend of April 26th, weekend of May 4th and weekend of May 21st... anyone of those work for yall? It looks like we are meeting in SA so once we nail down a date and have some rsvp's I can look into dyno days ect.
My Niece is having her wedding on the 24th of May so probably won't make it.
Now the 4th I might. But won't be in a idi it'll be a Chevy lol.
If I really get on it I might have the 85 ready to make the trip but it's slow going.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll wait and see for the others to chime in but the 4th would be better for me as well, I think even if anyone cant bring out their idi theres no reason to not come out and talk about there project and check out the trucks that are there, definitely would be an inspiration to get our Green Bean project rolling again!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Don't know if you saw my thread but that 87 got sold. Did you ever look at that truck in Houston?

Oh and I'll bring a wine smoked brisket. ;Sweet

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

I'm in The Alamo City & live in 78208.

Anyone else interested in a cruise to The Alamo Shrine??
OR
A "shore nuff Texas" weekend of The Shrine, Goliad & then on to San Jacinto??

I'll help organize it & suggest a GREAT place for Tex-Mex, here in SA.
(I suspect that more fist-fights have started over who has the BEST Tex-Mex food here, than over adultery.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Don't know if you saw my thread but that 87 got sold. Did you ever look at that truck in Houston?

Oh and I'll bring a wine smoked brisket. ;Sweet

Sorry to hear about that man, but I expect you will have more room for another project now ;Sweet
Wine smoked brisket or wine soaked?LOL

To All,

I'm in The Alamo City & live in 78208.

Anyone else interested in a cruise to The Alamo Shrine??
OR
A "shore nuff Texas" weekend of The Shrine, Goliad & then on to San Jacinto??

I'll help organize it & suggest a GREAT place for Tex-Mex, here in SA.
(I suspect that more fist-fights have started over who has the BEST Tex-Mex food here, than over adultery.)

yours, satx

A day cruise would be best for me as I work 6 days out of the week

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that man, but I expect you will have more room for another project now ;Sweet
Wine smoked brisket or wine soaked?LOL
Oops it's a red wine brine that I marinade the brisket in for 24 hours the on the smoker(time depending on how us like it)

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops it's a red wine brine that I marinade the brisket in for 24 hours the on the smoker(time depending on how us like it)

Hmmm We do something similar for our hams never tried that with brisket, usually just do a dry rub

i'm in waco. depending on work ,i'm in

Awesome scott, looking forward to it, are you gonna bring your 93? Sounds like thats a pretty sweet setup you got there from your sig ;Really

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All:

IF I had my choice of dates that have been recommended so far, I'd pick 04MAY16 for a day cruise.

Maybe we should do MAY & NOV each year, with one day cruise & one weekend???

just my input, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To All:

IF I had my choice of dates that have been recommended so far, I'd pick 04MAY16 for a day cruise.

Maybe we should do MAY & NOV each year, with one day cruise & one weekend???

just my input, satx

May and Nov are definitely good times for cruises, Do ya'll want to do it May 4th which is a Wednesday or that weekend? Both could work for me but I wouldn't be able to get off till around 2 if it was during the week.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

Weekday or weekend makes ZERO difference to me as I'm fully retired BUT it may well be important to those who are still working and/or have kids in school.

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

Weekday or weekend makes ZERO difference to me as I'm fully retired BUT it may well be important to those who are still working and/or have kids in school.

yours, satx

OK I'll plan on just doing it the 7th of May, That will be a saturday. Ive got some work to do now that I blew out the front U joint and the slip yoke on my ZF5 today...

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To ALL,

We can get a special tour, interactions with TX Revolution historical/uniformed reenactors & a "history talk" by the curator of The Alamo, if we choose 07MAY16.
(While I have "touched base with" Ms. Lauren Stratton in the "group office", I have made NO actual arrangements for our group.)

yours, satx