t19 overhaul time

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
overhaul complete, waiting reinstall

Well I successfully reassembled the tranny, despite some major set backs. And if it will stop raining (16" this week!) I will get her back on the road.

I really appriecated everyones comments, and tips. I should mention for posterity and perhaps the next sucker, that my tranny had the bearing for the rear main shaft pressed on so tight it was impossible to remove with any of the "two screwdriver and a little english" type tricks. I did manage to press it off, but not with out cracking the case-cuss -cuss -cuss
I then proceeded to seek long and hard for a replacement case, and no the t18 case isn't interchangable, depite how similar they look under a truck, covered in grime, in the rain...The replacement 2wd tranny came apart like everyonelses, so I assume that my output shaft is slightly oversized or somesuch. I did have to use the giant press to reassemble the replacement bearing onto the shaft.

This tomfoolery interfered with a timely, orderly rebuild to say the least. I also was neglegent in taking photos while disassembling. So I will post a series of putting it back together and you can view it backwards if you're wondering how it came apart.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice glad to hear its all back together, let us know how the real test goes on the road. i know i was a little nervus after my first tranny rebuild but it worked great. if it turns over and can shift by hand you should be fine.