T-3 Paint restorer

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TR-3 Paint restorer

I found this today at the auto shop and it is amazing.

Took all the haze out of the paint on my doors. Paint looks brand new! Did the hood, but it got dark... can't see how that turned out and may have to hit it again... although can say that the hood darkened considerably and the color appeared to have some renewed depth despite the setting sun. The clearcoat is so bad on the hood and cab top that I'm probably going to go ahead and repaint them at some point...

A second application on the doors yielded amazing results. Will do the rest of the truck later... although likely will have to repaint the green on the bottom of the truck due to it coming off on the rag (probably a cheap spraypaint job done by a previous owner... or Ford may not have repainted that section when they had to do a warranty repaint).

Has anyone used this stuff besides me? I'm amazed at the result.

Mike

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a link to it? Sounds interesting.

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does TR-3 smell like?

Your paint could be polishing off due to it being painted/repainted with good ole enamel paint.

Base coat/clear coat really didn't take off until the early 90's.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
Which color bottle?

I'd suspect the green bottle for clearcoats... and the blue bottle for those of us whose clearcoat is gone... :)

Actually, the only bottle available when I bought mine was the blue bottle... and my truck probably does have clearcoat.

Very satisfied. BIG difference on the roof of the truck... gonna have to do the whole thing bit by bit this week or next... if the wife doesn't download our baby this week (which it looks like she's gonna...)

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I used T3 for many years for older paints....

It requires lots of elbow grease but the results are excelent.

Now I use Claybar and Meguiars NXT Generation wax... The surface is like glass when your done... I have not found better yet... I keep wanting to try Zaino's product but some of the reports are that the New stuff from Meguiars is just as good.

The stuff for non clear coats.. I thinks it is the Blue bottle... you have to be carefull with... to much rubbing and cleanin and before you know it, your through your paint and into base coat.... or you begin to get thin spots ....

I used the green bottle twice on my truck... it lasts for a long time...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314